Chapter 2

She looked stunned that I would be able to fight her compulsion. Trying to cover herself she then turned to Tatiana. "I hear that you are retiring, so when do I get my throne?"

You could have heard a pin drop when she asked that question. 

"You do not have a throne Vasilissa."

"I am next in line for the throne."

"After our true queen retires, and unless she names a specific heir."

"What do you mean true queen?!"

"My niece is actually the queen; I have just acted in her stead until she turned eighteen."

"Who is this bitch that is trying to take my rightful spot?"

"Watch it Vasilissa, you may be a princess but I am still the acting queen. As for who the real queen is..." I saw a smirk appear on Tatiana's face. 

"... well, that would be her royal majesty Queen Rosemarie Marinique Rana Ivashkov"

"Who is that?!"

Everyone laughed.

"You would know her as, Rose Hathaway."

"No, she can't be queen, I won't allow it!!! That little blood whore abandoned me just to go looking for her stupid strigoi boyfriend. She doesn't deserve anything but pain, suffering and servitude in her life. That disgusting dhampir is supposed to give her life for me."

"Why? Just because she is a dhampir?" I asked.

"Yes, and because she is a blood whore."

"If you are basing the fact that she kept you alive as your reason for her being a blood whore, then you are a fucking imbecile." I told her just to hear everyone in the waiting room burst out laugh.

"You may not speak to me like that, I saved your useless dhampir life."

"No, you staked me. Period, the end. Everything else even remotely connected to my restoration was done by my Roza. I may not know everything that she did, and I may not ever know all of it. But I do know some of it, thanks to a good group of people who informed me as to what truly happened. Because all you have done is lie to me. Telling me over and over again that you are the one who saved me and that Rose abandoned me, when in fact all you did was stake me. Now tell me the truth, if you even know how to tell the truth that is. Why did you do that? I already know, but I want to see if you have the guts to admit it."

"It doesn't matter what anyone else told you. I saved you! Me and me alone!!!"

She was looking into my eyes and she sounded so reasonable.

"Rose doesn't care about you; she hates your guts for what you did to her in Russia. How could she love you after..."

The next thing I knew, Mia had slapped the living hell out of the princess.

"How dare you try to compel him into thinking that you are the one that saved him!!! Have you been doing that all this time? Is that why he has treated Rose like shit since he came back?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." Lissa said in a voice that was hauntingly superior, or trying to be anyway.  

I saw Adrian studying me, "oh my God!!! You have, it all over his aura..." 

He turned and looked at the princess, "and yours too!! You have been compelling him all this time!!!"

"What?!" I asked.

"She has been compelling you for weeks. So, that you would think that it was all her that saved you. And to keep you and Rose apart. She is so jealous of you and Rose that she can barely breathe."