Chapter 5

"Exactly, not to push yourself into doing anything, that I don't think that you are up for. And at the moment, you are up for sitting, laying, sleeping, eating and talking. Maybe running the remote control for the television, we will have to wait and see about that one. I may need to do that for you too."

Everyone laughed, already knowing that I was babying her as much as possible. But how was I meant not to? My woman had been shot in the chest, three fucking times, by a psychotic homicidal brain dead bitch.

Who we later found out, was trying to murder Tatiana, in order to frame my Roza, so that she would be put to death. In the hopes, that I would then love her. I mean seriously, what type of person, is really that stupid?

Of course, we only found all of this out, because Oksana had read Tasha's mind, during her trial.

Tasha had been found guilty, of the attempted murder of the acting queen, in order to frame my Roza. She was also found guilty, of the murder of Queen Rosemarie Marinique Rana Ivashkov, due to the fact that Roza did die, momentarily. She was also found guilty, for the attempted murder of my Roza. She was also found guilty of brandishing a firearm, two counts of assault with intent to kill, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, discharging a weapon inside a home, and two counts of holding someone against their will with intent to do harm.

Needless to say, she was sent to the only prison that we had, that was worse than Tarasov. Our version of Angola, which is Mariz. It is in the desert and all the cells were sun cells. So naturally, for a moroi, this would be considered hell on earth.

The prisoners in Mariz, were not allowed live feeders, they all received synthetic blood. Which allowed them to stay alive, but not strong enough to access their magic. And since they didn't use live feeders. They did not need their fangs, so as soon as they arrived, their fangs were ripped, as painfully as possible, from their heads. Which was another part of their punishment.

While we were in Roza's room, all of the other guardians in her core group, traded out who would stand outside the front door. While the others took up stations around the room. I however, was always inside, right by my Roza's side.

Together, we had decided on nine of her other guardians, they were; Jake Mann from Virginia, Pierre Monroe from Baton Rouge Louisiana, Nickoli Rostov from Moscow Russia, Ruby Cortez from Valencia Spain, Michelle de Gaulle from Paris France, Steve Dean from Philadelphia Mississippi, Gavin Maynard from Lincoln Maine, Joseph O'Sullivan from Kilkenny Ireland, and Davis Jensen from Denver Colorado.

I didn't know any of them personally, we went strictly by their files, kill count and skill levels, to make sure my Roza had the best of the best. The rest of her guardians, were chosen by Alberta. Roza and I both knew, that there was no way in hell, that Alberta wouldn't put the others that wanted to be Roza's guardians, through a rigorous testing. 

We also made it quite clear to everyone close to us. That if and when, we found a way to be made compulsion proof, that they would all be expected to participate, or be cut from our circle. Thankfully no one had a problem with it, especially not those, who knew what had happened to me. They all understood, that they could be compelled to harm, or act against Roza in any way, at any time. And that would not be tolerated. If anyone was caught attempting to compel someone to act against Roza, they knew a prison cell awaited them. If they escaped with their lives intact.

We were taking no chances, with my Roza's safety. We made those points crystal clear at Vasilissa Dragomir's sentencing hearing. Where she received twenty years, for compelling me the way she did. She also received life, for the murder and attempted murder of my Roza.

After Roza had been out of the hospital for a few days. I finally allowed her to shower without someone, usually Mia, Alberta, Vika or my mother, inside the room with her. Much to her relief. Everyone still thought it was hilarious, how much I was babying her.