Part 10

You sat on your bed with your back against the cell wall. Wanda was on the other side, but both of you were tired enough not to say anything. The boys were being housed in the floor above you. That was as much as you knew. You had only been trapped in here for a few hours but it felt like weeks.

The heavy door that led to the elevator opened and out came Tony Stark. His eye was still black from Bucky's little mishap, and his arm was in a sling. He came over to your cell and stopped in front of the glass.

"No." you said.

"I haven't even said anything." he said, confused.

"I'm not gonna tell you where they went." you stated.

He sighed. "Alright. Then tell me this. Who are you? How could you control Barnes?" he asked.

"I can't control him." you answered as you rolled your eyes. "He just listens to me."

"Why?" Tony asked.

"Because, in 1990, I was made his caretaker." you answered.

"So you're a HYDRA agent."

"I was forced to be one. They took me captive, told me I was his new caretaker and made me quit my job at SHIELD." you explained. "I only worked when they needed me, which was whenever they would take him out of Cryo freeze. I checked his vitals and made sure he was okay to prep him for his missions."

"So you knew that you were prepping him to kill Captain America." he said.

You looked at him, trying not to show any kind of expression on your face. No signs of hurt or vengeance in his eyes. He must not know that Bucky was the one that killed his parents. You weren't gonna be the one to tell him, and you just hoped that Bucky wouldn't be in the room when he found out.

"Yea. I guess you could say that." you answered. "Doesn't mean I liked it. With that job, you learn to accept the things that happen and move on." you said and tried to change your expression to look slightly regretful.

Tony nodded his head and stood up straight. "I'm sorry, y/n." he said and turned to leave. "And by the way," he stopped and turned back around. "I'd be going as a friend." he said, then left.