Chapter 3

Sereph pulled into a garage in an unknown town and turned the ignition off. She looked back at the Williams kids as they waited for her to speak.

"We have to travel by steed from here," She announced.

"You mean...horses?" Aya asked.

"It is not just horses that exist to carry its master, Aya," Sylark informed and they exited the van. After gathering bags, the group headed outside and the kids gasped. Up and down the streets they could see countless numbers of shops.

"It's like something out of a book!" Brenda gaped. Trevor watched his siblings marvel at what they could see. He looked at Sereph and Sylark standing nearby, waiting.

"Look, we may be new to the whole dragon thing," Trevor started, sniffling, "But we won't exactly die tomorrow. Can't we spend the day here? My siblings haven't been so happy since we finished school for the year." Sylark and Sereph exchanged glances.

"At dusk we head for the Academy. No exceptions, understand?" Sylark stated and Trevor nodded. "Leave your bags in the van, we will be at the tavern if you need us. Do not go outside the town." Trevor approached his siblings.

"Too bad we can't explore a bit, huh?" Brenda asked and Trevor smirked.

"Actually we have until dusk before they're making us head to the Academy. No exceptions and stay in town," Trevor announced and his sisters squealed. Bags returned to the van and with wallets in hand, Brenda and Aya ran into the nearby store, Trevor folded his arms and looked down at David who was pouting.

"Why do we have to shop?" David asked.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Trevor asked and David huffed.

"I don't like shopping..."

"I know, let's just please our sisters then we can see if they have something more fun than just shops, ok?" David nodded and leaned against his brother. It was a moment before Aya poked her head out of the store.

"Hey, Trevor! They got some cool colognes you should check out!" Aya called to him.

"C'mon, David, maybe we should get you cologne too. Make you smell good for the ladies at the Academy," Trevor encouraged.

"Do I have to?" David whined. "Girls are too hard to understand, Trevor."

"I know, David. Trust me, I know. But it's a start. We have to get used to life at the Academy, might as well be as normal as we can be." David sighed before following his brother into the shop.

Beauty products for all genders. Trevor wasn't too surprised by that, but what did surprise him was the man behind the register who had a more feminine look to him. Trevor brushed the thought away and looked among the products.

"You must be new to Drake," a girl spoke up nearby. Trevor looked up as David cowered closer to him.

"Yeah, we uh...just learned about our powers today. Some staff from the Academy brought us here," Trevor explained and the girl nodded.

"I've seen a lot of that. Well, Herbal Cares is a great place to come for beauty products. Everything is made with all natural ingredients that will make you practically glow! You look like those girls over there, are you all related?" Trevor nodded. "You guys look so close to each other, it's great to see siblings get along so well! So, what are you looking for?"

"My sister said there were some good colognes in here, I want to buy my little brother his first bottle." Trevor laid a hand on David's shoulder.

"Oh that first bottle. It's gotta be extra good too! Luckily, our prices are actually not that high. A lot of the funds for many shops around here come from the royal dragon family."