Chapter 11 - Whispered

Nadia's heartbeat was very quick, its pulse very strong. She did not know what to do, so she just stood there. "I found someone!" She screamed into the darkness, "Anybody? She slumped down and remembered where she was. But it still tingled her that something was there. It just came to her that Julia had said that it was hostile territory. Even though Nadia did not quite believe her, less trust her, she felt she should do it anyway. When she headed toward the surface, she heard the rustling trees, and found herself back in the forest. She felt weird though. Rubbing her eyes, she suddenly felt very nervous. It came to her. An illusion. The beautiful forest had disguised the venomous surroundings. As soon as the thought came to her reality replaced the fake. Nadia was taken aback as she saw everything on fire, trees embedded in blood, a figure approaching. Instinctively, she turned and ran, but all she accomplished was reaching a fence of barbed wire, which was impossible to get through without proper tools. Nadia was trapped. The figure showed itself, and it had no face. Through her fear Nadia shouted "Who are you?" Laughing, the figure answered, "Why should I tell you? After all, you don't need to." Nadia sensed evil. But was defenseless. All she could do was wait. The figure moved with amazing speed, and was in front of Nadia before she could come to her senses. Nadia fell on the ground, unconscious. The figure leaned over her and made its final move.