Chapter 7 - Nick

Steve gazed off as the sun arose. His arm, still grasping his sword was bleeding. He had not realized this before with all that fighting. He found an apple in his pocket and ate it. He layer down, his eyes drooped down of sleepiness. Suddenly he heard a rustle in the trees. Coming to his senses, he picked up his sword. His eyes followed the movement. Marking his spot he ran through the trees, almost hitting his figure which was ... A boy? His eyes darted back behind him as he searched for anybody else. They were alone. Steve took his sword away as the boy rasped,"Please don't kill me." Steve sat down, saying," Who are you?" The boy was still tense, but his fingers loosened. "I am Nick", he started, "I come from the city of heroes. I have been separated by my sister, Julia..." He stopped. Steve thought he had more to say, but he didn't. Steve wondered if Nick had told everything. Whatever it was, Nick was surely tired and hadn't slept that night either so Steve brought him back to his hut. He lay Nick on the bed, thinking. His eyes curiously looked at his book that had fell out of his pocket. He thought about looking about it, but he didn't want to make Nick mad. So he gazed of into the night sky, remembering constellations he had learned before the war had started. He had been so happy then. He wondered if there was anybody out there...