Chapter 5 - New beginnings

Steve looked around. He must have fallen asleep. The sun was rising up. He suddenly remembered. He was riding a horse last night, carrying only two possessions. A stone sword, and a basket. And there was the horse, grazing on nearby grass. Hurrying, Steve started gathering supplies. Placing block by block, he made a tiny hut, not big, but it would do for now. Finally, when he came back from trying to find food, he was exhausted. Steve crafted a wooden bed and sat down. He closed the door behind him. He smelted the iron he had found with a bunch of coal and had cooked some beef. He doubted he would need it, so he placed all his things except the basket inside his chest. He placed a torch and enjoyed the warmth. Hungrily he began to gobble up the steak, looking out the window. He wondered if there was any danger in the world here. His mind then flashed back to the time with his parents, in the city of heroes. They died, trying to protect him, and he had nearly survived but thanks to a fisherman who took the basket and ran, he was alive. He layer down on the bed. His mind was in circles but he was very tired. He closed his eyelids and allowed himself to sleep.