Chapter Fifteen.

(Look at little Alessandro Viconatti. Just imagine the c is a s. That's how its pronounced c: just imagine him 3 inches taller)

*Play the song included in the media to set the mood for the chapter

Toxic: Ch. 15

"Ugh, damn. Where am I?" I muttered as I opened my eyes, feeling a throbbing pain in the middle of my forehead. "Who kicked my ass?" I looked around and took in my surroundings.

I saw bunches of flowers and cards on the adjacent table as I realized I was in a room in the hospital. "Oh hell no, get me out of here!" I snarled as I tried pulling out the IV's.

'My son could still be with Kary' I thought as all the memories from the incident flashed through my mind. I didn't need to be in here while he was in the arms of some deranged woman!

"Calm down, Mr. Kaylor." A voice came from the doorway and I jolted in surprise. "You had a really rough surgery. We don't need you reopening any wounds." A meek voice stated and I took in the sight of the small female nurse.

"Um," I began. "Did anyone come to visit me, as it is my release day today?" I asked, pointing to the board on the wall that said I would be let out today. No, sweetheart." She smiled sadly at me like she knew something I didn't. "There is a man to see you, however."

My face lit up after she finished her words. "Who?" I asked with a smile, hoping it was the man who invaded my thoughts.

"He's Mr. Knight." She said and my smile faltered a bit. "Send him in." I motioned to her and she nodded, taking a step out of the room, leaving the door open.

I put my head down and sighed. I really thought Nikolai would be here first thing but maybe he's really pissed off with me. Something in my heart told me that he was. It just wasn't like Nikolai Culkin to be okay with the turn of events that occurred.

I let out a another sigh.

"Damn boy, I hope that sigh was a happy one because your king is here." I heard a playful voice and looked up to the doorway. "TRENT!" I screeched as a smile broke out onto his face. "Dominic the Great, you're still alive..."He deadpanned as he stared at me, a sad expression on his face. 

"Fuck you too." I grumbled, folding my arms and pouting. "I'm just joking. You know I love you Dom." Trent stated as he walked to the area beside my bed. "Is Eli alright?" I questioned and he nodded, soothing my worries. "After Alejandro arrested Kary, Eli said that there was another woman, Nalia who had ran when she heard the sirens." He began. "You should've seen Nikolai." His eyes widened in remembrance.

"How was he?"

"Oh, he was pissed and that was putting it lightly. I have never in my 24 years of life seen someone as enraged as he was," Trent sighed. "When he saw you being wheeled into the ambulance, he went livid. He demanded to know how the hell we got there and why we were there and I told him all of it." He pursued his lips.

"Oh god." I whispered.

"He told me that he said he would take care of it and he felt hurt that you didn't trust him." Trent continued and my heart clutched in agony. "He's really upset with you Dominic and I don't blame him. As your best friend, I warned you. You better have a good explanation as to why you were ignoring him all day. He thought you died, Dominic. When he saw you on that gurney, the look on his face was of pure misery." 

"Whatever your reason was, please just let it be legitimate enough that you had to hide from Nikolai."

I nodded, not knowing if my reason of insecurity was good enough to calm the raging fire inside of Nikolai. I didn't even have an idea of how he would react when I told him the reasons of why I was being a coward and avoiding him.