Chapter 17

"What else do I need?" I whined to Andy as I looked at the half empty buggy. It was filled with pens, paper, binders, and everything else I need for jail. I mean school.
"All you need now is a backpack and some clothes," he informed me. I let out a small victory cheer and ran to where the backpacks were located. It was only a few feet in front of us, but I was ready to go home. "Hey, Kor, don't you just love this one?" He held up a bright pink bag with sparkles everywhere and rainbows scattered throughout clouds. They had tassels on the zippers and sparkles.
"Of course," I rolled my eyes and he chuckled. I smiled at the sweet sound. It was like a little kid giggle. You wouldn't expect that coming out of a buff guy, but never judge a book by the cover.
I grabbed a plain black bag with a drawstring top with a cover flap. As it flew into the basket, I heard Andy give a hum of approval.
I rushed Andy to the checkout counters and helped him place everything thing on the counter.
The cashier was a teenager, but he must've not been up to date on his bands because he didn't recognize Andy. Andy didn't even try to disguise himself, he only wore sunglasses.
After we checked out we carried the bags to the car and went home.

The stairs creaked as I crept down them. Andy was in the kitchen and I wanted to ask him if my friends could come over. I found him right away and shyly asked, "Can I invite some friends over?"
"You and that Braxton boy aren't allowed to see each other. I said no dating until you're older," Andy dead panned.
"We're not dating!" I huffed in annoyance. "Please!"
"No."
A groan was the last thing Andy heard from me as I left and retreated back upstairs.
In the comfort of my thick black covers, I made a group chat with the guys and Livey. "Guess who's bored!!"
Jack and Zack answered quickly with a, "me!"
Brax asked, "you?"
"Ding, ding, ding. We've got a winner. Your prize: entertaining me!"
They didn't disappoint. At least thirty minutes passed while they made puns and jokes.
And then Livey barged in, "Patrick told me they had a meeting to go to and it's at some restaurant. You can go if you want,but I'm staying here."
  She left, without another word or smile. She's been acting strange lately. We haven't talked like we used to or hang out.
  I decided to go to the meeting, so I threw on a plain black dress that had sleeves. The guys were waiting downstairs for me, and once I got down, we left.
  The meeting was at some weird expensive restaurant. We all huddled in the building and the guys greeted a man with dread locks.
  I knew who the man was, he was a rapper. But I didn't listen to him, so I couldn't remember his name. I just recognized his face.
  Andy introduced me to the man. The man stuck out his hand, "I'm Wiz Khalifa."
   "Korinna, as you already know," I shook his hand and then a waiter sat us a a table.
  The meeting was short and I tuned out the guys most of the time. I was too busy eating salsa and chips to catch a full sentence. I just heard snippets of tour related things.
  It ended quick and early. It was only 8:30. That gave me so much time to binge watch "The Walking Dead." Braxton recommended it one day, but I never started until today. I'm already hooked.
  As I watched the episode I texted Brax, he didn't spoil anything for me, thank goodness. But after finishing a season I felt myself drifting to sleep.