THIRTY FOUR

Minseok was driving to back his place, he glanced at his rear view mirror, to see that Junmyeon's car is still trailing behind him.

They saw each other at the mall earlier. Junmyeon just finished buying something and as he walked to go back to his car, he bumped into his older brother. The two did not see or even talked to each other since Junmyeon moved out of his house.

Minseok went home with a bruise on his cheek and a busted lip. He opened the door and to his surprise, Junmyeon was there in the living room waiting for him.

Junmyeon looked surprised as the other walked in with a beaten up face.

"W-what happened to you?" He tried to sound cold and did not even bother to call the latter 'Hyung'.

"I was at the bar, and a guy, Kyungso--"

"What the fuck?! You even fought because of him?! You are a mess!" Junmyeon shouted. Hearing his brother say Kyungsoo's name annoyed him.

"The guy just went to me and punched me." Minseok answered, he is about to explain further more as he slump himself on the living room sofa.

"You know better, Minseok. I liked him. We met each other first. But there you are being an ultimate fuckboy like you always have been and again, stealing his attention!" The younger shouted at his brother again.

"It's not my fault that he wanted me and I wanted him too! Why do you always envy me, huh?! Why don't you stick to dreaming on your best friend who doesn't even give a damn about you liking him?" He stood up and responded to the younger. His anger flared up. Being drunk, a night ruined by a bar fight and being shouted by his younger brother was just too much for him now.

"It's always you! Fucking you! What Minseok wants, Minseok gets! You are so conceited! You are selfish!" Junmyeon shouted. "But I didn't know that because of fucking that doe-eyed guy, you will be such a mess! He has a boyfriend for pete's sake!"

Minseok was speechless. All the unfortunate moments came back to his memories.

When he was caught fucking Kyungsoo at the bathroom. Kyungsoo and his boyfriend's bathroom.

"I tried to look for him. Because you've been up to something after we met up with him that night. You were just too preoccupied and just randomly be out for a night or two. I found his place. But to my surprise, I saw another guy with him." Junmyeon said.

"He has another guy! If you know that he is cheating on you, why are you still sticking up for him?!" The younger complained to his brother.

"No. He is not cheating on me." Minseok plainly answered with a blank expression.

"He is clearly just playing with you two! What the fuck are you trying to say? That he--"

"I knew he has a boyfriend. I already knew even way back." The older cut the other off.

Junmyeon was the one who is speechless this time. He cannot believe what he heard.

His brother. He is the one at fault.

He is having an affair with a man that's already taken.

Minseok already knew, he also found out when Kyungsoo revealed it too him, but he did not care and continued having an affair with him.

He didn't know that the day that will haunt them for life will ever come.

And it came unexpectedly.

"There are things that we don't like about each other. But I don't mind that because no matter what, you are my Hyung." Junmyeon said, his eyes shooting daggers at the older. The look of anger painted on his face.

"But the fact that you ruined someone's life just to indulge yourself with lustsful things is way out of line. You know why eomma died, right? He died because she found out about dad's affair with another woman!"

"The man that you can't forgive and hated the most, you became exactly like him." Junmyeon cannot fathom the fact that his brother went that far.

"You were the only one that I have. But it seems like I have to get through life on my own now." Junmyeon said for the last time and turned his back to Minseok.

He never saw Junmyeon since then.

The younger went in the house. Their house. He was still quiet as they got to the living room and sat down.

Deafening silence surrounded the living room as they sat there not even looking at each other.

"I-- I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was doing that time. It was a very stupid move, I ruined everything." Minseok started.

"I thought you will always be there for me. You got my back no matter what. But because of.... because of doing something that will affect a lot of people, I lost you. I lost my brother." Junmyeon looked at the older as he speaks.

"Sorry." The younger saw the sincerity and the sadness on his brother's eyes. He was too hesitant to go with him and talk. But he figured out it was already time to rebuild his relationship with his brother.

"I always looked up to you, Hyung. Since mom died and our dad abandoned us to be a drunkard and to just go with different women everytime, you're the only one I had left." Junmyeon said to him, looking down and intertwining his fingers.

"You made sure we will always be together. When you got adopted, you made a way for us to stick together. I am very thankful for it." He looked back at Minseok and gave him a weak smile.

Minseok and Junmyeon were orphans. They made sure that they will always be together, luckily, a couple that has no children came and adopted both of them. From their last names, Yoo, they changed to Kim, their adoptive last name.

"I was just upset that you did that. I really did not pay attention to the fact that you liked him too, I just let things be. But when I found out about the affair, it brought back all the hardships we experienced with our father before." He continued as he let out a shaky breath.

Minseok remembered all the things they've gone through when they were kids. Doing the same thing like what their father did left Junmyeon feeling betrayed.

"I'm sorry for being a stupid brother. I hope you can forgive me." Minseok said and looked at him apologetically.

"Are you going to cook dinner for me?" Junmyeon asked. The older looked at the other and saw him smiling.

"A-anything you want. All of your favorites I will cook it!" Minseok said and stood up to give his brother a hug.

"I will make sure to think hard and do what's right. Thank you, Junmyeon." Minseok was happy as his younger brother hugged him back.

"I know that you will be wise now. I am glad to have my Hyung back." Junmyeon said.

The brothers reunited. After Baekhyun got home from the Park's residence, he even ended up visiting there more and even spending dinner with them. Chanyeol also did, which made their parents happy.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol slowly went back to their usual closeness. Talking and joking a lot in front of each other. Their conversations about their past made way for them to have the closure that they needed.

It may seem sad that the past lovers did not have a second chance at their relationship, but that does not show that they don't have feelings for each other anymore.

They do. They still have the love living in their hearts because both of them were each other's one great love. They parted ways, but they will always remind themselves about how they love each other dearly.

*****