Chapter Five

"Hi welcome to Starbucks what can I get for you?" I say to the next costumer that walks in. They order and I get it for them. It's been a slow day. Although I don't really know how the days have been in the past... 

"You really are a dedicated worker Jade!" My Boss (I think) says coming out of the back.

"Thank you it means a lot!" I say back 'enthusiastically'

At the end of my shift a couple hours later, I decide to walk around town a bit. I remember the town very well, just not the life that everyone said I had been living in it. People wave at me.. but I have absolutely no memory of knowing them. I walk around for a little longer until I run into someone 

"Oh sorry" I say. He was pretty attractive if I do say so myself.

"Oh it's alright" He says smiling back.

"So... W-what's your name?" I say. I'm totally blowing this. I have no idea how to talk to guys...

"I'm Ashton! What's your name?" He gave me a smile, and seemed pretty confident, so I must look like an idiot...

"My name's.. J-Jade" I smile back.

"Well it was nice bumping into you Jade!" He laughed. "So... Would you.. Uhh... Maybe want to go out sometime?" He finished.

"That sounds great! I'll uhh give you my number.. I guess" I laughed back.

"Okay cool" He smiles, and we exchange numbers.

"So... Tomorrow?" He says.

"It's a date. Or.. uhh.." I say back

"It's a date Jade" He smiles as we both walk off our separate ways.

I continue walking around for what seems about a half an hour longer, when I run into someone..

"Jade!" I hear that one guy say. What was his name..? Liam?

"Oh.. Uh.. Hi. Liam right?" I say back. I could see it hurt him that i barely remembered his name.

"Yeah... It's Liam.. So uh how have you been?" He says trying to strike up conversation.

"I've been fine.. I'm working." I reply with. This is so weird talking to someone I don't even know.

"That's great! So.. would you want to get together say.. tomorrow..? And maybe.. catch up on things?" He says.

"Oh.. tomorrow? I can't I... I have plans..." I say.

His face drops and I see pain in his eyes. "Oh.. w-with who?" He says.

"His name is Ashton.." I say back.

"Oh it's a date? But Jade we've been dating for two years! I was going to propose and-" He stops in the middle of his sentence. "I-I'm sorry. It's just so hard that you don't remember any of it and... I'm so sorry Jade." He says with tears welling in his eyes.

"I have to go Liam... I'm sorry." I say feeling really bad, even though he's sort of starting to scare me.

"Jade.." He says crying now.

I give him a quick hug and say "Goodbye Liam" as I walk back in the direction of my house.