TFATG part 2

ALYSSA'S

he makes it seem I don’t have. I’m afraid this smart, witty, dorky but confident boy starts to see me more and more and notices my flaws and won’t feel the same again.

he’s so brave, and he sticks up for himself. I’ve never met anyone like that; he inspired me. 

he took me to a nice restaurant a bit out of town, because he knew I wasn’t ready to go all out yet. I appreciated that. I appreciated him. 

he opened the door for me, gave me his jacket, held my hand, pulled out my chair, paid for me… he’s not making this any easier on me, huh? I really have to prove to him I can be right for him; I will treat him right, the way he deserves to be treated.

We talked about everything and nothing at all during dinner. He was the sweetest and most understanding person I’ve ever spoken to. And I’ve spoken to a lot of people.

“You wanna go take a walk?” he holds out his hand, and I couldn’t refuse. I smile shyly and intertwine my fingers with his. 

We walked hand in hand in comfortable silence, moon glistening beautifully on Kiefer’s skin. Today was incredible, and I have a feeling a lot more was to come. 

“Right now would be a perfect moment for you to sing for me.” Kiefers’s voice breaks the silence. 

“What?” 

I’ve never sung for anyone other than the shower head in my bathroom or my laptop’s webcam. 

“I don’t sing.” I finally said. 

“But-” he began, but before I let him continue, I cut him off, knowing what he was going to say. 

“I said I like to sing, doesn’t mean I do sing and do a good job of it.” I said, pulling my lower lip between my teeth. 

“Yeah you do.” he insists.

“Are you telling me you know me better than I know myself?” I said, and it came out harsher than I had intended for it to. But thankfully, he didn’t take it seriously, like I hoped he would. 

“No, I’m saying you’re lying.” he smirks at me and perks an eyebrow. 

I furrow my eyebrows at him about to object but she didn’t let me. 

“6th grade, Mrs. Roger’s class, lunch break. You forgot your lunch money, thought no one was there.” kiefer says, before pursing his lips sealed and grinning. He looks at my visible puzzled expression and justifies himself “I always sat in that class during breaks to read the books I had to catch up on.” Yeah because that was what you had to justify. How’d he remember that? I felt my chest flutter and my stomach’s butterflies race around against each other. 

I stayed silent. I was absolutely amazed. Flattered. He rambled on again, “I’d like to say it’s because I have a good memory, but it’s that plus the fact that yeah, sure, I liked you since 3rd grade, but that moment when you sang in that classroom in 6th grade, and how you thought you were alone, and how oblivious you were to the amount of perfection you owned, it was one of the first moments I was sure I wanted you a part of my life, but never thought I’d get the chance. You don’t forget those kinda moments. And no matter how young and naive I was, I knew I was right.” (A/n in this fic alyssa can sing. THIS FIC ONLY)

I stopped walking and I made him stop with me. I faced him, a faint, shy smile crossing my lips. He was setting avalanches off in my heart, and I wanted to stay with him like that for the rest of my life. He looked down at me, and I lost myself in his gaze for a few minutes, before cupping his cheeks, and bringing her lips to mine.