Chapter One: The Junkyard

I woke up to the smell of orange juice and pancakes. I opened my eyes, and I saw rays of light leaking through white curtains in my room.        
                  My room wasn't big, but it wasn't small either, partly because my room was filled with books. I loved to read, especially when people were bullying me at school, which happened a lot. I've gotten used to people teasing me, but even after lots of advice from my father about ignoring them, they still don't stop. Whenever I read, I feel like I am in a different world completely, I don't have to worry about any of life's problems, no school, no homework, and no bullies. I could just imagine whatever I wanted, and no one could judge me.

              I opened my window, looking outside, watching the sun rise over broken cars and rusted metal. My dad worked at a small landfill, or 'the Junkyard,' as we called it, so we lived right by it.

               I looked at my alarm clock, realizing that I was almost late for my bus, and I didn't really want my dad to drive me to school. I immediately ran to my closet, grabbing a yellow t-shirt and jeans, throwing them on. I rushed down a small hallway to the kitchen where my breakfast was. My dad was sitting down in the dining room, which was connected to the kitchen. The dining room was small, and it had walls that were painted beige. There was a small wooden table in the middle of the kitchen and dining room, where I usually ate breakfast.

                         I quickly sat down, trying to shove pancakes down my throat while putting my shoes on at the same time. Surprisingly, I finished and still had a few minutes before I had to get to my bus stop. I ran back in to my room, grabbing my backpack and rushing to the front door, which was in the dining room.
"Hi sweetie!" My dad said to me, humming Clementine and doing Crossword puzzles.
"Hi, Dad," I said, breathing heavily from all of the running.
"Do you have all of your homework ready for school?" He asked. I nodded, not having time for a father-daughter conversation right now. I waved bye to him, running out the door.
I ran to the bus stop as fast as I could, but that was very challenging, considering I wasn't the most athletic person, but I eventually got there with two minutes to spare. I looked down, seeing something shiny on the ground. I looked at it closer, realizing it was a necklace with a thin layer of dirt on it. I picked it up and brushed the necklace off. It was fairly small, but it had a cute animal charm on it. Making sure nobody was looking, I quickly put it on.
More people started to come at the bus stop, very late.
"I must've gotten here early," I thought. I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for the bus. I looked around the corner of the street, finally seeing the bus.
I waited for everyone else to get on, trying to avoid getting shoved around and yelled at. I eventually got on, and found myself a seat, hearing yelling behind me. This was going to be one long bus ride.

Nikkifox12: (This isn't part of the story.) I'll probably have a chapter done every week or so, maybe a bit shorter if I get bored.