Chapter Three: Dark Matter

I walked slowly to class, not wanting to go to a smart class with both troublemakers, Alex and Zack. I don't even get why I was put in this class if some of the dumbest people I know were in this class. My best and only friend, Mackenzie, was also in that class, thankfully.
I sat down next to Mackenzie. I noticed that Alex may have been trying to flirt with her, but she was ignoring him. I was wondering why he was actually here on time. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing at that thought.
I sighed and shook my head, stifling my laughter.
"What?!" Alex asked defensively.
"Oh, nothing," I responded, trying to get him back for the bus incident. Alex just rolled his eyes in response. Mackenzie looked at me, confused, and I just shrugged, not really feeling like explaining the whole 'bus thing.'
Finally, Zack came in. The teacher of this class, Mr. Z, stood up.
               "Mr. Harper, care to explain why you are late?" Mr. Z asked to Zack.
               "Um..." Zack paused. "My locker didn't open!" Zack obviously lied. I rolled my eyes, and Zack shot a glare my direction. I gave him an innocent look, trying to irritate him. He sat down next to Alex, whispering something that I couldn't hear.
           "Ok class, settle down." Mr. Z said.
            "That shouldn't be very hard," I thought. "There's only four of us."
              "Today, we will be doing research about..." he paused for a 'dramatic effect,' "dark matter!" Zack immediately groaned a bit louder then he should've.
             "Is there a problem, Mr. Harper?" Mr. Z asked. I held back another laugh.
             "Wha- oh, no?" Zack said, sounding more like he was asking a question right after he woke up. I looked over at Mackenzie, who just rolled her eyes.
             "Alright, there are four laptops that you will be using to research, and take notes on what you find. You have ten minutes to research!" Mr. Z said, trying to make researching sound like a game show. I got a laptop and started researching.
               A few minutes later, I had found some interesting facts about dark matter and wrote them down on a piece of paper.
             "Alright, is everyone done?" Mr. Z asked.
              "Yes," Mackenzie and I said in unison.
               "Um.." Zack mumbled.
               "Maybe..." Alex muttered.
               "Ok, I need you to turn in," he paused, looking at Mackenzie and I, "or finish," he paused, looking at Alex and Zack, "your notes about dark matter. You have to go to your next class, but before you go, take a field trip form for next week, we are going to go to a space center, so get your parents to sign this or you aren't going." He said, looking especially at Zack and Alex. "Now you can go to your next class."

Nikkifox12: Sorry if this is a bad chapter I was tired!!!!!! I'll probably write more tomorrow.