Prologue

Because music tells stories that words cannot describe.

-

Da Capo. From the beginning.

From the beginning, it was all wrong. Their reasons for being together were wrong.

Amabile. Pleasant, amiable.

Although the starting point was completely wrong, everything seemed fine for a while. Life was quite normal, and the family was normal. Their little girl was born, and she was just like the others; happy, carefree and innocent.

Mancando. Fading away.

It had only been a few years, but he was sick of it. Sick of having to act like a normal, happy family. Sick of being a responsible and mature father, when instead, he was only a fun-loving boy at heart. The pretence of 'love' from before was fading, and nothing would've been able to stop it.

Agitato. Agitated, restless.

He had left for work overseas, and she was unhappy. Slowly, her attitude towards their daughter changed, and she became harsher and colder

Staccato. Detached.

He came back, but he was different. More distant, detached and uncaring.

Meno. Less.

He spent less and less time with his family, and more time at his office and at other places she never knew about. He also spent nights outside, without anyone knowing where he was.

Impetuoso. Impetuous, reckless, impulsive.

Actions were done without thought, and unknowingly, they were observed. Their little girl was instantly little no more. The innocence and naivety of childhood vanished without trace, and a horrible image of that fateful day was all that remained in her mind.

Lugubre. Mournful, sad.

Suddenly, he was gone. She was shattered, broken and bitter from the inside out. Every time she then looked at their daughter, she was reminded of their wrong beginning, and she let all of her bitterness onto her.

Pesante. Heavy, laden.

The girl had no one who really cared about her, no one who loved her for who she was. Life was difficult and she felt burdened like no other her age. Music was her only escape.

Voti subito. Turn the page immediately.

Now, this girl is going to be in her second last year of high school. Can she turn over a new leaf and piece together the shattered pieces of her soul now that she'll have some new friends? Can she ever feel happiness again?