104:

104:

Fed, with a nap under her belt, several phone calls made and reassured that by now both Megan and Maille had been retrieved, and Kell was on his way to safety, Melia had put both babies down for the evening, swaddled in diapers, retrieved from a port they'd put into earlier. She now rested comfortably on deck, in warm rather balmy air, on a lounging deck chair, on the uppermost deck. She still wore Robert's too big clothes, but he'd promised her acceptable clothing would be forthcoming within the next few hours as they traveled toward the US coast, and islands they encountered had more selections.

She was fine with that.

In fact, she discovered: she really was fine. Robert wasn't a ground, and yet... in these very emotional and physically dangerous conditions she had not been on a build that she herself couldn't keep at bay.

It had been less than three days since she'd recklessly left the family reunion on a fool's mission. Three very eventful days. Three very dangerous days. The three most dangerous days of her life. And why had they been more dangerous than any others? Because she'd gone it alone, and she'd endangered her children. She now knew.... Completely recognized the reckless abandonment of reality that had led her to this point and she knew she was unstable.

Robert came up the steps toward her bearing a bottle with ice water, and his grin was enigmatic, not judgmental. She responded to it with the sure knowledge now that she wanted to be very good, because she wanted him to like her... and like her a lot. For real... this guy sparked something that no other had since Jared.

He handed her the bottle, straddled the lounger and faced her, sucking down his own water greedily. His eyes never left hers. Sunset behind him left him dark skinned, with a faint gold halo winding through his jet black hair. She felt her heart warm at the sight of him, recognized her own attraction and was excited at the prospect of exploring this feeling without complications.

"I talked to Ryan." She said indicating the phone he'd left with her.

"Did he yell at you?" He asked good-naturedly.

She shrugged. "No." She tilted her bottle and squirted water into her mouth. "I told him I was glad it was over, and that I don't want to see him again for a long time. No hard feelings, it's over."

Robert's eyebrows rose. "Really? And what was his reaction to that?"

She cocked her head to the side as if contemplating. "I seriously doubt we are parting friends, but enough is enough. He's got a girlfriend, and the whole reason for staying together after he got the annulment was because of this escapade, and it's over, so...."

Robert leaned in to look into her eyes in the growing darkness, listened carefully to the waves lapping the side of the boat and the hum of the engine as they put as much distance as possible between them and the scene of the day's adventures. "So, we are free to pursue...."

"Whatever we want!" She quipped, taking another drink, her eyes still on his.

Robert took her water bottle from her fingers and stood both his and hers on the ground beside them, then he got on his knees and kind of crawled over her, pushing her back gently as he came on, hovering over her, keeping his weight off her, but still being incredibly dominating and sexy and exciting. He lowered his lips to hers as she lay back against the lounger, both hands coming up to rest against warm tanned muscles. "I have very distinct wants." He said low and husky, in a voice she found she liked immensely.

"I am only hoping I can fulfill them..." She whispered playfully.

He kissed her gently on the lips and then moved back to look into her eyes. "I think you can." He kissed her again.

"I'm pretty messed up."

"Nothing I can't take care of." He stared at her lips before kissing her again, letting each kiss become progressively more meaningful.

"I have a lot of baggage." She reminded between kisses, feeling her dreams coalescing into something sweet and wonderful, warm and happy.

"I have strong muscles." He indicated his bulging arms and thighs. "Feel my back." She let her hands travel the length of his whip corded back. "I can lift and carry whatever you put there."

She tapped his temple with her index finger. "I'll probably be messing with your head."

He shrugged eloquently. "It's a ride I am uniquely qualified to handle." He grinned and kissed her deeply, letting her know how her objections really affected him. Unwittingly using the most remarkable set of words she'd ever heard in connection with herself from a totally different source, but one that spoke volumes to her about second witnesses.

She stroked his hair back with her fingers, finally letting his convictions wash over her. She searched his eyes for signs of concern, and found him to be completely open to her. "I believe you just might be."

"It might be a bumpy ride." He chuckled. "All the more interesting."

"All the more challenging."

Robert felt a tremor run though him as he thought about what their life together might entail. "I feel I'm up to it." He lowered his lips to hers once again, this time feeling her hands entwined around his neck, her lithe limbs, even though somewhat abused, responding eagerly. "I want you, Melia. I think we belong together."

She smiled as she kissed him back. "I believe we do, Robere."

*******