Chapter Sixteen

My heart hammered the longer I walked to go meet Sam. It honestly hurt me that he thought that way about me. That because Alpha Drake was my uncle, I might turn out to be a killer like he is. Sam didn't say it, but Cat did. And that also hurt.

So here I was, wrapped up in a dark jacket, my black jeans, biker boots, and belly tee shirt. My hair was flat, my bangs covering my eyes. I had out my contacts back in, not caring anymore that Sam liked my original eye colour. He hurt me, so he didn't deserve to see them. Childish, I know. But if he was going to end us because of my uncle, he didn't get to see the real me.

The trees rustled with the steady wind that blew through and I pulled my hood on, shaking a little. I wished I worn something warmer in this weather, though I hated wearing a lot of clothing. Suppressing a deep sigh, I stood by a tree and looked at Sam's back, my heart beating slowly as I continued to watch him.

He had changed into something more formal, though a jacket was thrown over his shoulder, and his hair was messy. I bit my lip and hugged myself, my heart aching as I realized this could possibly be the last time that Sam and I would talk to each other. That, in all honesty, we might never be together again.

It brought tears to my eyes and an involuntary whimper escaped my lips, making Sam turn around from the bench he was looking at, and towards me. My hands shook but he didn't move, simply looked over my body before landing his eyes on my own.

I mouthed his name, and he walked over, hands in his pockets, and his posture tense. It only made me want to cry more, though I wiped my eyes on my jacket and stared at him, mirroring his haunted expression.

"You wanted to talk?" I managed out after some time, tearing my eyes from his. I couldn't stare at the deadness any longer.

"I don't think....that..." He replied, his voice deep and scratchy. I knew his next words, and it made my heart break. Lowering my eyes to the ground, I felt him place his hand on my chin and pull my head up. "You're related to the most evil man alive, Star. How am I supposed to feel about you? Relieved? The same?" He let out a laugh and I tore my head away, my lip quivering.

"I should've listened to Garrett and got my sister back. You aren't worth it, Star. Now that I know who you're related to, I wish you and your pack never came onto my territory."

Sam's words struck me hard and I was left staring at the ground, my eyes watering, as he walked off, leaving me behind. "Sam wait!" I yelled and waited for him to stop walking before I ran to him and forced him to look at me. I ripped my contacts out and pushed my bangs out of my eyes, showing him the tear felt green orbs he said he loved.

"How can you leave me? I am nothing like him!" I yelled and punched him in the chest, crying. "I love you, dang it! And now, after I started getting over the pain Garrett gave me, you're just going to leave?" I growled and landed another blow into his chest, though he didn't move. Only stood there shaking, his face unreadable.

"Talk to me!" I cried and fell to my knees, lowering my head as there continued to be nothing but silence. "Sam, please!"

Silence.

My heart beat was the only thing I could hear the longer he stood there, keeping quiet, no emotions. My body was shaking, though I had stopped crying.

"Star...." He whispered and I looked up, finally seeing emotion on him. I could see the regret and pain in his eyes and he picked me up, pushing my hair out of my face and wiping away the tear tracks. "I can't...I'm sorry...."

My heart stopped and I felt my body grow cold. He was leaving. After I had told him I loved him, he's leaving. I growled out and shoved away from him, seeing the pain flash through his eyes. "You jerk! I hate you!" I yelled at kicked him as hard as I could before I ran. It was a very stupid and childish move, but it was the best I could do.

It dawned on me I had to meet Garrett by the lake, so I took a 180 and ran, my heart beating wildly as my wolf howled in the pain we were feeling. There was something about Sam hurting us that finally struck a cord, and it made me not only angry, but hurt.

Males voices came from my right and I came to a stop, panting as I looked to see who it was. They were familiar, that was all I could tell. Though they had no familiar scents to them. I frowned deeply but hid and listened.

"Do you really think Alpha Drake would hurt that little girl?" The short one asked, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

I could feel the curious aura from them and when I sniffed again, I could smell that they were from my uncles pack. Just who I was looking for.

"I am almost positive he would. Unless they give him Star already." The other one replied, cleaning his blade.

A smirk passed over my cold lips and I landed on the ground softly, watching them turn their heads toward me, ranking their eyes over my body. As much as I wanted to growl, and tell them to back off, I needed to get down to business.

"I'm here to make a proposal." I spoke, and pushed my hood off my head.

"Oh, honey. For you, anything." The tallest male purred and I looked at him, my eyes dark and emotionless.

"I need someone serious. The beta, or the alpha, of your pack."

Almost as soon as I said that, a male with blond hair stepped out of the truck and walked towards me, holding a gun in his hand. I nearly stiffened with fear until I realized the gun was a fake. Then, I wanted to burst out into laughter.

"I am the beta of this pack. My name is Demetrius. Now, who are you and what do you propose?" He spoke and pointed the gun at me.

I grinned and held my arms up, eyes shifting darkly. "My name is Star West, and I propose a trade. Massie for myself."

---------------------------

No hate x.x
Comment, fan and vote? :3