I'm Coming Home

Hey guys, so sorry i haven't been updating i broke my foot a little while ago and haven't had time to write. Between physical therapy and school i just have been so busy. But now that everything has calmed down i can write again. So as of right now every Thursday i will be updating.

Now back to the story

Clara's pov

Today is the day he comes home from the hospital. Danny has been in the hospital for over a month because of the extent of his injuries.

Zack has been help us for the past month. Because Lilly is to young to go see him in the hospital. So Lilly and I are getting the house Daniel proof before he comes home. Which means putting in the bed steps. Making a ramp encase he needs it. Moving his stuff down stairs for a few weeks, and so on.

While i was bringing his clothes down stairs my phone starts to ring. "Lilly!" I yell up the stairs. I hear little feet running towards the bottom. "First off slow down," she comes to a halt and starts to walk, "now come and get my phone out of my back pocket and tell me whose calling." I turn around so she can get it out. She pulls it out and i start to head down stairs again. "Mommy its uncle zack." I put the clothes in his room and run towards Lilly. I take the phone out of her hands and say thank you. Then i slide the talk thing it answer. Oh its face time OK. "Hey Zack" He just waves then hands then someone takes the phone, "Hey babygirl." Of course its Danny. "Hey hot stuff you excited." He gives me that look like 'never call me that again' and i laugh. "Yes i am excited very actually. I'm coming home to my daughter and fiance." I look down at my finger and see my ring. Then i look at my other hand and see my promise ring. "I keep forgetting that we are engaged now. Its freaky, but a good freaky." I look back up at the screen and see him laughing. I give him the what look and he just starts laughing again. Then i look behind me and see Lilly with paint allover her. i gasp and drop the phone and run over to her. "Lilly what on earth happened to you? How did you get paint all over your self?" I go back over and pick up the phone. "Ask your daughter how she did this while i run a bath for her."

I go to the closet and take out three towels. I go back to Lilly and wrap one around her and pick her up to go up stairs to the bathroom. As we pass by the guest room i see paint all over the plastic covering, and the ladder on its side. "Lilly were playing around the ladder again?" she didn't say anything she just nods. I look over her should and see Danny trying not to laugh. "Oh yeah laugh it up, when you get home your helping me around the house." After that he tries to put on a straight face and then after a second he bursts out laughing. I walk Lilly into the bathroom and place her on the toilet while she talks to her dad. "Daddy where are you." Lilly asks Danny. I turn the faucet on and go get her bubble bath and her bath toys. When i come back i place them in the bathtub. Then Danny tells Lilly something she has been waiting to hear. We decided to keep it a secret about him coming home. "Well peanut i'm coming home." She then starts screaming. I walk over and take the phone telling her to get into the tub. She walks over ans sinks into the water and starts playing with the pink bubbles. I look at my phone again and see Danny smiling like a crazy man. "What is your deal with smiling lately." He just starts to laugh and shakes his head. "All i know is i am so excited to be coming home to my soon to be wife and daughter." I then look over at Lilly and see she is distracted. "I am really happy to finally see you again. It's been at least three weeks since i have seen you." He gives me that smile that says 'i am really sorry'. "So what time are you coming home." He looks away for a moment and looks at someone above the phone. You can hear them talking about the time. "Maybe around 6:30 if not sooner." I just nod. "Mommy i'm cold." I look behind and see she is standing i put the phone down on the counter and grab her princess towel, wrap it around her and pick her up out of the tub. We get her dried off and i send her to her room to get dressed. 

I walk over to the counter and pick up the phone. "I have to go to get this house Danny proof before you come home." He gives me the look like you better not or else. "Bye babygirl love you." I just smile and nod. "Love you too Navy seal." He hangs up and i just stay standing there for a couple of minutes think about how lucky i am to have him in my life. 

------------------------------------------------

So sorry for the long wait. Like i said i had a bad injury and had to go to therapy, and we finally got full custody of my little brother so excited. So comment, vote and enjoy the latest addition. 

Love you all. -C