Chapter 7

Alex's Pov.

Luke's in trouble.

The lady's words ringing in my head. My thoughts clouded with the thoughts of Luke being hurt. I quickly collect myself and pick my phone up again.

"Hello? Miss? Anyone there?"

"Yes I'm sorry, could you please repeat yourself?"

"Of course, we don't have too much information on what happened, but he is beaten up pretty badly and was calling for you. He only knows what happened but considering he is unconscious he can't tell us. I think you should come down and see him."

"Ya of course what was the hospital again?"

"It is Clinton Hospital."

"Okay thank you so much."

"No problem sweetie."

With that I get up and quickly begin to collect my things. I look up to see my friends looking at me with worried looks. Me not even remembering they were here until now.

"Luke was in an accident and I have to go see him."

That's all I get out, before I take off. Me running into the parking lot before remembering my mom drove me to school today. I hear foot steps running up behind me and soon I am faced with my friends. Calum the first one to speak,

"We are so sorry. Do you need a ride?"

"That would be great, thanks you guys."

"It's no problem, what hospital?"

"Umm Clinton Hospital."

Calum types the hospital into the GPS and we are all on our way. Ashton holding me while I silently cry, and praying that he will be alright. Soon I realize I have to text my mom and tell her what is going on so she won't be mad.

To: Birthgiver

Hey mom, remember Luke? Well he was in a really bad accident and I need to go see him. My friends are taking me to the hospital please don't be mad, I need to see him.

I put my phone in my pocket. I lean my head on Ashton again. My thoughts only of Luke and hoping he is okay. My phone buzzes and I look down and see my mom had responded.

From Birthmother:

I understand sweetie! Don't worry about it, keep me updated on how he is and call me if you need a ride or anything! Love you. xoxo

 We pull up to the hospital. I open the door and begin to run towards the doors of the hospital. By the time I reach the front desk I am out of breath, and the receptionist is looking at me like I am a freak. I am able to breath out,

"Room for Luke Hemmings."

"I'm sorry, I am not allowed to give out that information."

"I'm his girlfriend."

 With that she gives me the information. Floor 3, Room 127. I quickly get into the elevator and press the floor button. The elevator not moving fast enough for me, soon I hear the bell ring signaling I had made it to my destination. I let out a sigh of relief before I walk out and over to room 127. I am about to walk in when someone stops me.

"You can't go in there, only certain people are allowed."

"I'm his girlfriend now let me in."

I shout at the nurse. I understand they need to keep him safe, but I am really done with them telling me I can't see him. The nurse opens the door and lets me in. My heart stops at the scene in front of me. Luke hooked up to a bunch of machines, all bruised up, and bleeding. The moment I saw him lying their unconscious, tears start falling down my face. I walk over to him and take his hand in mine, I lean down and press a gentle kiss to his forehead. I look up to the nurse and ask how he will be, her telling me they won't know until he is awake. Then her leaving after that. I sit down and lean against his bed. My hand brushing through his hair, I lean down and whisper in his ear.

'Luke please, wake up I need you. Please, please, stay with me."

With that my eyes slowly close, and sleep overtaking me.

---------------------------

I am woken up, when I hear shouting. I look over and see Luke is awake but not looking happy at all. I don't think he realizes I am awake because he is yelling at the nurse,

"I.DONT.GIVE.A.FUCK. What the rules say, she is staying here with me."

The nurse looks quite frightened, still no one realizing I am awake. I squeeze Luke's hand. He stops yelling and looks at me, the moment our eyes interlock on each other a giant smile spreads across his face and one across mine. He pulls me into his chest, I snuggle my head into him and take giant whiff of him. He smells so good, I hear him chuckle down at me. The tears slowly start coming down again,

"I'm so happy you are alright Luke."

He smiles down at me, and kisses my forehead.

"I'm not going anywhere love, you can't get rid of me that easily."

I let out a small chuckle. Even all beat up, he is the same Luke. I look up at him, our eyes locking on each others. He slowly leans in, I feel his breath on my lips.

"I'm happy I woke up to you next to me. The nurse has told me you yelled at them because they wouldn't let you, my girlfriend, in."

His lips ghosting over mine with every word he says. I feel the heat go across my cheeks and I am quick to look down. I look back up to him both of us leaning in, our lips almost touching. But we are just cut short by Calum bursting through the door.

"Dude are you okay you had us all worried?"