I'm blind to the reality that you died

After a moment of silence, that was caused by the shock as they heard those words, Kier bursts into tears, quietly saying to himself „This can't be true, it must be a nightmare!" With those thoughts running around his head, he pinched himself, thinking he would wake up now and everything was just a dream, but nothing happens at all and he continued talking to himself quietly „Everyone, but not Edith! She can not be dead! No, just no!" With his fingers, he wipes away his tears. Normally, he doesn't cry in front of other people due to fear of showing weakness, but now there's no way to keep the tears from falling.

Drew just stood there, looking at the others in disbelief, not knowing what to say or do while more and more questions were running around his head. What to do without Edith? What will happen now? Who will help them dealing with the house now? Are they lost now? Will anyone save them or will Kurt get their heads? Only one thing was sure: Nothing will be the same without the lady that knew the house and it's history like noone else does. Thoughts of regret are sneaking into those questions now, causing Drew to begin to regret moving into that house in the first place.

  Laurence couldn't believe any word, his face turned red out of anger as he stomped right in front of Edith's daughter, raising a fist and yelling at her „Stop kidding people you don't even know! Edith is not dead, but you will be if you keep telling me those lies!" Shocked by this reaction, Edith's daughter whined „But i'm not lying!" Short break, Laurence looked like his head is about to explode, while throwing a deathly glance at Edith's daughter. Then suddenly she pointed at the door and asked Laurence with a whiny sounding voice „Do you think this is lying?" As she asked this, Laurence turned to the door and saw it, two men, dressed in black suits were carrying a coffin out of the house. This made Laurence realise that Edith's daughter actually said the truth. Quietly he muttered „I'm sorry" as his eyes filled with tears.  

  As Shane saw those men carrying out the coffin and putting it in the hearse he starts to cry heavily and hugged Drew tightly, burying his face in Drews chest. Actually no less sad than Shane, Drew rubbed Shanes back and whispered in his ear „Shh, it's alright, Shaney, at least Kurt leaves her alone now" But it wasn't possible to overhear that Drew actually was crying too. From Shane, a heartbreaking sobbing was heard, Ediths death broke the hearts of those 2, sad to see how badly the death of someone they only knew for a few days affects them.  

Luke, he just stood there and looked at the whole situation, saying nothing and noone knew what he was feeling or if he was even feeling anything. As usual for him, he was hiding all his feelings behind a cold glance which made his look and behavior remind of a statue instead of an actual human. Luke never shows feelings in front of people, not even his closest friends. The only one who ever knows what hidden emotions are there, is Luke himself, no one else.

Sad, with their heads down they went home, they couldn't handle being around any longer. No word was spoken on the way home, everyone has been quiet and lost in thought. In silence, all of them remembered all the moments they had with Edith. Even though they only knew her for a few days, they have a lot of memories. Her never ending smile, her incredible kindness, her talkativeness, her delicious chocolate cake, her helpfulness, the moment they met Pauli and Edith was the opposite of her normal self for a moment, the moment she saw Sabrina's ghost, but also how Kurt scared her, how the last thing they saw of her was her tears as she found Rose shortly before she ran away because of Kurt.

As they arrived at home, they quietly sat down on the couch, in the living room. Laurence and Shane sat next to each other, Shane and Drew sat next to each other and Luke sat down in his armchair. The silence remained for a while, the only thing they were able to think about was Edith. They knew they would never forget her and they would always remember all those moments they had with her. Suddenly Luke broke the silence "Wow, that came suddenly, I still can't really believe it" The other 4 nodded in approval but still didn't say a word.

Still silent, Kier suddenly took out his phone and was looking something up while the others didn't even notice it. After a moment, Kier suddenly stood up and went to the kitchen, he checked the content of the cupboards and the fridge as he nodded a little and his lips formed a slight smile. The other 4 didn't even notice Kier being gone and Kier secretly baked a chocolate cake. The thing he looked up on his phone was a recipe and he checked the content of the cupboards and the fridge to see if everything he needs was there. As the cake was in the oven, he went back to the living room and sat back down. The minutes passed, Kier kept checking the time, making sure he doesn't burn the cake as Laurence suddenly asked "Am I losing my mind? I smell chocolate cake!" Shane quietly commented "me too" so did Drew and Luke. As they all smelled the cake, Laurence looked at Kier "What about you, Kier? Do you smell it too?" Kier just nodded, trying to keep it a surprise that he was making a chocolate cake, Luckily the others didn't bother to look in the kitchen.

A while later, the cake was finished, and cooled down, all five sat around the table eating the cake as Laurence suddenly asked "What the fuck is happening here, what is the cake doing here? Don't get me wrong, it's delicious as if Edith made it, but how is this possible that such a perfect chocolate cake is here even though Edith is dead? Kier answered "Well, haven't you noticed me being in the kitchen for quite some time earlier today? The one that made the cake was me, I looked up a recipe and made one, I wanted to make a cake in honor of Edith. With his mouth full, Shane spoke "I didn't notice you being gone at all, but the cake is amazing, good job, Kier. I didn't know you were able to bake." Drew agreed with Shane and said to Kier "Oh yeah, the cake is amazing. As if you actually are Edith and Kier was the one to die" Drew attempted to lighten up the mood. Kier couldn't help but smile a little at Drews joke, but went back to serious shorty after. While eating the cake, they talked about their memories with Edith. Even after the cake was eaten, they continued talking about Edith for hours, not noticing that it was getting late and suddenly they saw something they didn't want to see: Kurt was standing near them with his axe in his hand, He didn't do anything, he just stood there, as always, slightly transparent, doing nothing.