Chapter 1

"How much longer," I ask my friends Mary, Elizabeth, and Julia as we past multiple dress shops that we have already been in. This got me deliberating if we have been in all the dress shops at the mall. It surely seems like we have because every shop is starting to look alike in many ways like the style of the dresses, the colors, the patterns, the brands and so many other things.

"In two more hours" Elizabeth says as she looks at a midnight black dress that is on a mannequin. How can we be here for two more hours when we have already been here for an eternity, okay not literally but you get my point.

"Are you kidding me we've been here for hours already" I say a bit aggravated. I want to go home not be here in this stupid mall. I can hear my bed from here calling my name.

"How about we buy some food" Julia suggests as she sees a sign that says the food court is right ahead.  That was the best thing I have heard this morning, all morning I have heard 'how does this dress look on me', 'do I look fat', 'OMG that dress is gorgeous on you', 'dear Jesus I look sexy in this dress' and so many more things, but me being a nice person I'm going to save you from hearing the rest.

"Finally something I want to do" I say a bit happy no not a bit happy um let's see excited because you don't know this but I love food. Food is love, food is life.

"Okay let's go then" Mary says not really wanting to go because she actually does care how she looks to other people while I on the other hand could care less what they thought of me

We all walked to the food court, everyone wanted to eat something different than everyone else so we decide to separate. I was craving a burger for a week now so I went to the In-n-Out stand and order a double cheeseburger with a side of French fries and lemonade. Not many people were in line so I quickly got my order. I was the first one out of the group to get her order so I sit down at a table that has four seats. I decide to drink my lemonade while I wait for the girls; it was probably going to get warm if I wait for them. I start thinking about the winter formal and that no one has asked me to it yet but no one has asked my friends either but a week before the dance they probably will because let's face it I'm nowhere close to being as pretty as them. The courageous person who tells everyone that she doesn't care about anything is all lies because she's very insecure about herself. 

The girls come back one at a time, Mary comes first with a salad and a bottle of water, she likes looking over her figure. Elizabeth comes back secondly with two slices of pizza and a Coke. Julia comes back with Chinese food and a Sprite. The girls start talking about cocktail dresses and black miniskirts. I didn't want to hear any of that conversation so I put on my earphones on and hide them with my leather jacket plus my hair to make it less noticeable. I started eating my burger and in some parts of the songs I wanted sing really badly but that would give it away that I wasn't paying attention to their so interesting conversation. Note the sarcasm. I couldn't help but to hum the song that fit so perfectly with my life and I close my eyes while humming loudly. The girls start to notice and they try to get my attention but because I have my earphones on I just hear mumbles. I'm at the end of the song when Mary pulls my right side earphone.

"Lil are you even listening to us?" Mary asks me a bit furious like calm down alright, sorry that I didn't want to hear a conversation that I don't like talking about the topic.

"Mary if you already know the answer to your question, why ask me?" I respond with a grin because I was ready to get on the nerves around the table just like how I felt since this morning. 

"Why are you being difficult today?"  Julia asks me and looks directly at me, she was the one that knew me very well, I knew Julia since kindergarten and ever since then we've been best friends.