Chapter 5

"Um sure here" he says confused as why Marcus would need a piece of paper but neither the less he gives him the paper and pen. Marcus places the piece of paper on the counter and starts to write down things. I try to think of possible things that he would need to write at the moment.

"Sir what is your full name" Marcus asks the manager.

"My full name is Jake Anthony Quimbly" the manager says. I was very spaced out that I didn't hear any of them talk.

"Lil what's your last name" Marcus asks me breaking me away from my thoughts once again.

"It's Smith" I said questioningly, he was confusing me more by the minute.

"Okay thanks" he says and keeps writing, after another minute or so he finally stops writing.

"Here in my hand I have made a contract to insure that my girlfriend gets the seventy-five percent discount for the ten months as you said, you will need to sign it and then Lily" Marcus says to the manager, this guy is pretty smart if he made a contract I would of have never thought about that.

"Can't you just take my word for it" the manager says, this dude wasn't going to do any of the things he said he was going to do. By him saying that if we could just take his word for it is sign that he had just planed to say that he would so we can just shut up.

"No we cannot take your word for it and especially not now that you have said that" Marcus says to the manager says angrily. I know I barely knew him but I would never thought as Marcus as the angry type.

"Son, calm down it was only a suggestion but before I sign any paper I want to read the contract" the manager says to Marcus. Marcus hands him the piece of paper. I could see Marcus clenching and unclenching his fist, I would be doing the same if the manager called me anything similar as son when this guy is far away from being a friend. The manger was reading and rereading the paper and this got Marcus madder, his hand was turning white by the way he was clenching his fist. When he unclenched his hand I took it as my opportunity to hold his hand and started to rub in circles so he could calm down because I didn't want to him to hurt himself any longer. When I did that he looked down at me confused and I only smiled back at him. I looked backed at the manager and I saw him reach for the pen to sign his name. Couldn't you have done that five minutes ago I thought. By holding Marcus I felt him calm down a little bit when he signed.

"I agree on everything you have written down son" the manger says. Can you please stop calling him that? Don't you realize that he severely wants to punch you at the moment? I wanted to say all of that to the manager, but I kept quiet. I think Marcus felt me get a bit angry because now he was the one who started to rub circles on my hand.

"I'm ok" I mumbled to him so he could only hear me.

"It doesn't seem like it" he whispers to me with a hint of a smile.

I really wanted to kiss those lips wait what did I just say ok Lily you barely just met him today. Calm your hormones. "Lil, Lily" I heard Marcus.

"What's up" I ask totally oblivious of the fact that I had spaced out.

"Um you kind of spaced out and well it's your turn to sign the contract" Marcus says to me slowly.

"Oh sorry about that" I say to him and go to the counter and read the contract.

Marcus has very nice hand writing.  The contract begins like this:

Today is September 17 of 2014,

The manager by the name of Jake Anthony Quimbly of Ed's Frozen Treats has agreed to sell Lily Smith ice cream for seventy-five percent discount for ten months for the rude behavior of his employee who will not be named to conserve her job. The reason Miss Smith is going to get the discount is because what of Mr. Quimbly's employee told her has affected her emotionally. This contract will have to be presented every time Miss Smith is going to purchase something from Ed's Frozen Treats to receive the discount. This contract is going to be valid till July 17 of 2015. For the emotional stableness of Miss Smith she is not going to see the employee that has said the rude comment to insure her safety. That being said that means that by any chance Miss Smith comes when the employee is working the employee would either have to go back to the establishment  or leave till miss Johnson is no longer in the establishment.  By signing this contract Mr. Quimbly and Miss Johnson agree on all of these terms.

On the left side of the contract was the signature of Jack and below he had his full name. On the right side of the contract my name was already printed by of course Marcus. The only thing I had to do was sign so I grabbed the pen that was beside the contract. I signed my signature the one I usually use to sign everything.

"So I guess this is everything" I say not really at no one.

"I guess so" Marcus says to me.

"I don't think I want ice cream anymore I have lose my appetite" I say to Marcus. I still wanted ice cream but i wanted to leave. I didn't feel comfortable anymore being at the ice cream shop. I was emotionally exhausted because what she said brought up memories that I had buried inside me deep down.