Chapter 80: I Miss You

Chapter 80

I Miss You

x

You know, I used to hate Plagued Ones. Like, really, REALLY hate them.

I spent pretty much every single day thinking up ways of getting rid of them. I mean, they're monsters ruining everything! They took everything away from me! They didn't deserve to live! They all deserved to die, and I was going to be the one to kill them all!

I was going to be the one to kill them because I was Zekra, the all-powerful Zorua! Nothing could stop me when I could turn into literally anybody! I could turn into Arceus if I saw him even once! And then I'd just have to trick him into using his powers, and just like that, I'd become a god! A GOD that can end the world with a single attack if I really wanted to! I knew I could kill all of the Plagued Ones when I had that power in me.

And then I actually became a Plagued One.

Well... a lot happened after that. A lot of stuff. I went crazy and went on rage-filled killing sprees, I went suicidal and threw myself off a cliff, I became a total doormat and pretty much died on the inside, and then got my guts ripped out and blood spilled all over the place at least twenty times. I'm really glossing over what happened to me, since even MORE CRAZY stuff happened than that, but it's a really long story that I don't feel like sharing. I already told the Eevee family the story and I kind of don't want to say it again. Took me like two hours to tell it all and by the time I was done, my throat hurt and I didn't think I could talk for the rest of the day. So I just told them that I had to go somewhere and they just let me go. They really didn't want to, but they trusted me, so they were pretty cool with just letting me go. Or maybe they let me go since they knew that they couldn't stop me. You know, since I literally can't die...

I kind of wish I didn't have to leave them behind honestly. Well, leave them AGAIN. They were really nice to me when I crashed at their place after I gave up on everything and took me in even though I was pretty much a broken mess. They were patient with me and tried to make me happy. And I'm really thankful that they did all of those things for me and even came after me when they thought I was in danger after I had to go back to Shiron. But I had to leave them a third time. Yeah, it's no fun, but I have a place in life and I have to be there. So I told them goodbye after I told them my entire story and then headed out to go somewhere I needed to be. I wasn't about to let anything stop me.

Except food. I need food. I haven't eaten in a long time.

And that's what I'm doing right now. I'm in some jungle and I'm in the trees, looking for some prey. And it's dark too so that nobody notices me. I mean, it's okay to hunt in the day, but hunting at night is cooler. It's easier to blend in and it's just way more thrilling.

I can't remember the last time I actually hunted something. It used to be... so boring really. Because that's what depression does to you. It makes everything you used to like really, really boring. You feel tired of life and you get disconnected from the world and everything. It's not fun.

But I'm not depressed anymore! I feel great! I haven't felt this way in a really long time. I feel like I did back when I first made my resolution to kill all the Plagued Ones. I feel all powerful and invincible. I feel just like I did way back then! Except... there's one small difference between the me of now and the me from way back then. Well, a huge difference.

I don't hate Plagued Ones like I used to anymore.

Ah, hold on. I'll explain that thought in a second. There's a Clefable walking below me. Those things are great! I just used to have a bit of a hard time killing them because they were bigger than me. I only saw them when I couldn't transform too well. But not anymore! Now I'm bigger than them!