The Real Reunion

"So what have you been doing since I left?" Mello asked, unwrapping a chocolate bar. Struggling with my will to live, gained a smoking addiction, had a video game withdrawal, living a broken down house that is owned by a druggie, and last but not least, tried to end it a couple times. "Not much", I said,"I'd ask you but I already know what you've been doing". "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you all alone, but I'm more... emotional around you, and I didn't want you to be involved", Mello said, trying to apologize. "Sorry doesn't cover it Mells", I yelled, as he shushed me, since we're still in his room at the mafia place. "Matt, I'm trying to make up for what I did, but I don't know how. What I did was the worst thing that I could have done to you", he said, looking down. "You're not as tough as the other people think you are", I said, laughing quietly. "Shut up, Matt", he said, giving me his famous glare. "I didn't stop thinking about you", I said, not meaning to, but it's too late now. "I... didn't either", he said, looking away dramatically. He isn't a mafia boss. He's my friend, well.. anyways. He is my friend, that has anger issues sometimes, but in the end, he's kind. I have missed him for so long that I don't know what to do, now that I have him within my grasp. "Come on. We're going somewhere", he said. "Where?" I asked. "Somewhere where I'm not constantly watched by the mafia", he answered. We walked out the door, and through some hallways, until we arrived outside. I saw the motorcycle that we got here on, and we got on it. "I need to stop somewhere real quick", he said, putting on his helmet.
-----------------------
I opened my eyes, and to my shock, we were at the place that I lived. "Um, Mells, what are we doing here?" I asked, feeling rather nervous. "You know this place?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "I sort of live here", I answered. "Oh god. Matt, I'm sorry that you lived in such a terrible place", he said. "Yeah.."
--------------------
We walked in, and my landlord was standing there. "There you are. Where's my money, Shrimp?" He asked. Mello looked at me. "Oscar, where is MY money?" Mello said, raising his voice. "This kid here never pays me", Oscar said back. "This kid here isn't responsible for the money that you pay the mafia", Mello said back, almost laughing when Oscar said "This kid". "Give me another week and I'll have it", Oscar said. It's funny seeing him in my position. "No. You no longer will receive anything from me, and since you bought that nice car out there with my money, I'll be taking that", Mello said, grabbing the keys off the wall. "You can't do that!" Oscar yelled. "I just did", Mello said with a smirk. "Need a car?" He asked me, and threw the keys at me.
----------
"So, I'm guessing you don't like living in that hellhole, so now I guess you're stuck with me", Mello said, quietly chuckling. "Looks like it", I replied. There was an awkward silence. I checked the time. 12:34 am. I should probably go to sleep, or at least try to. "Do you wanna sleep?" Mello asked, getting up and almost walking out the door. "Stay with me", I said, sounding so needy. "Just like old times", he said, smiling, as he got in the bed. I got close to him and he put his arm around me. Just like old times indeed, my old friend.