Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I locked myself on my room and cried into a pillow.

I decide to text Ciara, should I tell her everything?

Before I decide to send the message she calls me.

I wait a second to collect myself, then answer on the 2nd ring.

"Hey," I say, trying to hide I had been crying.

"Hey, just wanted to check on you. You ready for the party tonight?"

Oh yeah. I almost forgot, the party everyone was talking about.

My friends and I had been planning on going for weeks now, we had our dresses picked out and everything.

"Of course!" I say, acting like I'm excited. The popular kids would be there, including James.

The thought of seeing him made me shiver.

Party's weren't even my thing, the only reason I was going to go was because my friends talked me into it.

"Great!" She squealed into the phone, "we will pick you up at like 7 ish?"

"Ok," I said and she hung up.

I collapse onto my bed and sigh.

I can't argue about it now.

I check the time on my phone, it's already 6:30.

I was planning on taking another shower, but I don't have time.

I put on deodorant and slip on my strapless dress that Ciara had picked out for me.

I rumble through my makeup bag and put on a little eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow.

Once that I done I put on a little blush and lipgloss.

I brush my hair quickly as I hear my mom yell my name that Ciara is here.

I admire myself in the mirror. I look different. I look... Better. And I don't give a shit about James at all.

With my confidence I grab my purse and phone and jog down the stairs to hug my mom. I repeat the words in my head, 'I don't care about him, I don't care'

"Have fun sweetie, Dad won't be home tonight because of a conference" she weakly smiles. She looks exhausted.

"Again?"

"Yeah, he'll be gone for a week, he told me to let you know he loves you."

A honk interrupts us from outside.

"Well, I think that's your queue. Love you, honey," she brushes a hair behind my ear and smiles.

I hug her tightly and nod as open the front door to leave.

"But not too much fun!" She adds before I close it and I laugh.

"I know, mom!" I say and shut the door.

'I don't care, I don't care, I don't care,'