sleep

it'd been about a month after the seven wonders. about twenty new girls who were actually witches had come to live there. zoe was back and madison,, well they haven't got a clue. she left because she couldn't do divination and was all butt hurt or something like that. cordelia was adjusting to the weight of the world being pressed against her lungs. being supreme is a blessing and a curse. she was doing so much better than her mother though.

misty, well misty couldn't sleep. she couldn't eat. she couldn't do anything. the image of that hellhole was burned into the back of her skull like a bad tattoo. whenever she didn't have lessons with miss cordelia, she was in her room trying to numb the pain with stevie. surprisingly, it didn't work too well. miss cordelia thought she was happy. boy oh boy, was she wrong.

misty woke up that day feeling as dead as she could've been if she didn't escape hell. she lifted herself off of her bed and stared at the hollowed cheeks and tired blue eyes in the mirror. she stood up and dressed herself in a dark long sleeved blouse and a long navy blue skirt, topping it all off with the floral shawl stevie had given her.

she stepped outside of her room and went directly to the greenhouse, where the potted plants made her feel at home again. holding a wilting flower between her ever so soft hands, she closed her eyes and the plant was practically glowing with life again.

"if only it worked like that on me." she mumbled to herself.