ten: make a scene

When Mercy screamed, I dragged her into the restaurant right away. Once inside, I took both of them straight into the bathroom. I put them on the sink, hoping no one would come in right about now.

"Mercedes Mae, what was that about?" I asked her, and it looked like she was going to cry.

"They all kep yellin at us." Tears began to fall down her cheeks, so I took my thumb and wiped them away.

"I know baby...but..." I trailed off. I didn't know where to go with that, and I really did not want to explain the paparazzi to them.

"Next time, just don't say or do anything. You just walk with daddy and Kayla, and you'll be fine. Alright?" Mercy nodded and I kissed her cheek.

After dinner, I got the girls home and in bed because they had school tomorrow. But me, I'm planning on staying up awhile.

Reagan's pov
I saw the scene Mercedes made, and Nick looked beyond pissed. Of course, whenever the paparazzi was around, he never really showed anything but a straight face. It was all over the internet, TMZ of course had to get the first word out about it. Was I mad? No. was I upset? No. She doesn't know any better.

The next night, my friends and I went out. I cannot remember the last time I'd really been out to a party. Without Nick.

"You're going to have a blast darling." Ophelia said, her British accent showing through her words. I gave her a small smile, but it faltered once I felt the beat of the club go through my entire body. But in a way, I was excited.

"Come on Reagan." Natalie pulled my hand, following Ophelia and Sage. Once we were inside, I was immediately tugged to the bar. The tiny dress I was urged to wear made me feel like I was setting a bad example. Now that I had kids, especially two little girls, I had to be a role model for them.

"Don't look now, but I think that guy is checkin you out." Natalie said to me, her gaze going over my shoulder behind me. I took a glance back, and saw a handsome man, with sparkling blue eyes and chestnut hair looking at me. Like staring. Then he got up and walked over to me.

"Nat!" I hissed, but it was too late as she ran away and he approached me. I pushed all thoughts of Nick and the girls out of my mind, becoming captivated by his voice.

-
-

His lips met mine, and my dress soon came off. This is actually happening. I thought to myself that this was insane, but then I snapped right out of it and let him have me.

When I woke up the next morning, I knew there was someone next to me in bed. My head was pounding and I had a massive headache. I half expected Nick to be there, so when I rolled over and saw it wasn't him, I was surprised. Then I remembered that I met someone last night.

How had we gotten to my house? We clearly slept together, that was for sure. And it didn't feel wrong. It felt more then right. Maybe I was going to move on from Nick, now that we were officially divorced, and be with someone. That's exactly what I needed.

"Hey." His morning voice was sexy, to say the least. His blue eyes looked into mine, and I smiled. I couldn't stop smiling. My finger traced along his jawline, and he kissed me. It felt like fireworks went off in the room.

"Did we ever get each other's names last night?" I asked. He seemed to be thinking, then rolled on his back, looking up at the ceiling.

"Don't think so. I'm Ben. Ben Brooks." He looked at me, smirking.

"Reagan Black. Nice to meet you Ben."

"Nice to meet you Reagan." He kissed me again, but let this one linger longer.

"So...is this going to be a thing?" I asked curiously, giving a sexy smile while my hand was on his cheek.

"Will you go on a date with me Reagan?"

He really was sweet. Ben and I went on a few dates before it was confirmed we were dating. The girls still didn't know about him, seeing as Nick had then throughout the week. Before he was leaving for God knows how long.

"Babe, I gotta go pick up my girls from their dad's house." I said to Ben, putting my cereal bowl in the sink. He looked at me, his hair a mess, and he wasn't wearing a shirt. It made my heart melt. I was really, really happy with him.

"Nick?" He asked. I nodded, walking into my bedroom to change from my pajama pants into yogas. Once that was done, I kissed his cheek, said goodbye, then drove to Nick's house. I haven't been here in awhile.

I went up to the door and knocked, and I heard Mercy screaming inside the house. I immediately went into panic mode and shot into the house, seeing Nick hanging onto our daughter's waist while she grabbed the banister of the stairs. He gave me a look that said, help me.

"Mercy!" I said in a happy voice, and she just kept crying. Finally, he pried her from the stairs, Makayla watching. Mercy squirmed in his arms before Nick put her down and she ran, pulling Kayla's hand. I looked at Nick, my brow raised.

"What's that about?" I whispered.

"She doesn't want to go back to your house." He said, looking like I might hit him.

"That's crazy."

"I know, but she'd rather be here."

"Well she has to come with me because you're leaving anyway. And-" I was about to tell him about Ben, but decided not to. I shut my mouth.

"Right. You can go try to get her." He pointed his thumb to the living room. I walked in there.

"Mercedes Mae Jonas." I said, putting my hands on my hips. She looked at me from her place on the couch, her eyes wide.

"I don't wanna go mommy!" She cried out, Kayla only looking at me.

"You're gonna have to baby. Daddy's leaving." I pleaded, going over and picking her up. Makayla followed us and they said goodbye to Nick, and I got them in their car seats. Once we were on the road, I started talking to them about Ben.

"Girls, I've got something exciting to tell you," I said, briefly looking in the rearview mirror at them. Their faces lit up for a second.

"Mommy has a new friend she'd like you to meet. His name is Ben and he's really, really nice. He's excited to meet you." That just got Mercy even more worked up. She started to cry again, but Makayla seemed overjoyed.

"I want daddy." Mercy cried, millions of tears flowing down her cheeks.

-
-