Chapter 11- BlueBird

JJ's pov

It was hard to focus.

Her eyes were watering,  vision spotty. She kept on going in and out of the blackness, fighting to stay awake.

Finally, when it seemed to wear out, she was hanging.

Literally, by chained handcuffs, feet barely scraping the concrete floor.

Wait.

This wasn't the house.

And the Unsub didn't blindfold her.

JJ looked about her surroundings, and her eyes fixated on Emily. The brunette was still unconscious, blood caked in her hair and running down her face. She had a black eye, numerous cuts, and looked more beaten then JJ felt.

What happened while I was out?

Looking beyond Em, she assessed the area. The two were being strung up, by metal chains, in a dense metal looking room. There wasn't much in the room, except for the two, metal levers, and a metal door locking them in.

JJ squirmed, and tried to move her hands around. With a start, she realized something.

The Unsub seemed to have done a very good job isolating the two in her basement, away from places that are familiar. But the Unsub wasn't clever enough.

JJ smiled, feeling her phone on her, trapped against her hip. The phone was shut down, so it couldn't be tracked until JJ turned it back on. As soon as she did that, she could have Garcia track them.

"Don't worry em, I'm gonna get us outta here. I just gotta get out of these cuffs.." JJ whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Damn it," JJ hissed.

She had been struggling with the cuffs for too long. It felt like 3 hours, but she couldn't surely know.

It's really goddamn hard to Uncuff yourself while hanging.

Suddenly, the metallic door slid open with a hiss, and a masked figure stepped through. In one hand, they held two long strips of cloth, presumably to cover the pairs mouth or eyes. In the other, a bat. They  had a belt, with a large knife and gun hanging off of it.

"What do you want?" JJ snarled, angrily kicking her feet out.

The Unsub didn't say anything, instead, they pulled the lever on the wall.

With horror , JJ watched Emily fall to the ground with a loud thump.

Nearly immediately after she hit the floor, Emily snapped awake, looking confused and in pain. She locked eyes with JJ, so many questions swirling in her dark eyes.

Hold on. I have a plan.

Before JJ could register what was happening, the Unsub had swiftly tied a white cloth around Em's eyes and mouth, and silenced her protests with a kick to the stomach. Emily let out a groan, hunched over.

The m Unsub began to drag her body towards the door, and JJ began to thrash and yell.

"Don't touch her! Take me ! Take me! Why do you-"

Just as the masked figure dragged Emily through the door, they swiftly pulled the lever down again, causing JJ to hit the floor with a thump. The door closed in front of her, with a soft click.

On the floor, JJ laid her face to the cool concrete, tears rolling down her face.

If she had gotten out of the cuffs earlier, she could've gotten the two out earlier..

All she could do now, is get to her phone out and turn it on.

Please Emily, please fight.

~~~~~~~
Emily's pov

While being dragged a long way, Emily racked her brain for something to say to buy her and JJ time.

The Unsub was obviously a closeted lesbian, hating herself for that. She was trying to keep that secret, that desire locked away deep down. Emily's mind thought of books, ideas, random things Reid threw out in the air.

Wait. That one poem Reid read to her on the plane ride back from New York. It impacted Emily, because she heavily related to it..

Emily began to struggle, twisting side to side, disrupting the unsubs routine. She received several sharp blows to the stomach, but she bit her tongue and kept thrashing.

"WHAT do you want" the Unsub growled, walk stopped.

"Amanda, bluebird," Emily mumbled through the cloth, hoping she was facing her.

Amanda's eyes narrowed through the ski mask, as she produced the knife from her belt. She swiftly cut the cloth from Emily's eyes and mouth.

Emily blinked, bright lights blinding her for a moment. She checked her surroundings. The room was brightly lit, and there was a large metal table, stained with dried blood. Next to it was several cabinets, with knives and papers all over. Just as she tried to see what was written on one, the bat came down on her leg with a crunch.

Emily let out a cry of pain, as Amanda grabbed her by the hair, making Emily look into her eyes.

"What do you mean about bluebirds? And how dare you use my name you sick lesbian," she snarled.

Out of breath, and in pain, Emily choked out,

"Bluebird is a Charles Bukowski poem. Do you know him? The poem goes something like this;
there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see
you",
Emily paused, gasping for breath.

"You are who you are, you ju-you just got to let the bluebird out. Just like I , JJ, Ariana, and everyone you've murdered have. You have to be free, you cannot blame other for this,".

Amanda's eyes shifted. She looked nervous now, unsure.

Emily swallowed, hoping she would take the bait.

"Bluebird," Amanda whispered, her hands slacking off the chains holding Emily's arms up.

"Yes Amanda, yes. Let the Bluebird out. You can be free," Emily pleaded.

Suddenly, Amanda's composure changed. She dropped the knife, and grabbed the gun hanging off her hip, cocking and pointing it at Emily.

"Wait- Amanda no, please-"

Bang.

_______________

ayyyye

Get excited!!

I may be planning on a sequel...
But I have an idea for another jemily fic as well!

I hope you are all doing good, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Next update will be soon :)