Twelve.

"I just don't get it," I said again for what must've been the thousandth time. "You guys are amazing!" Niall laughed.

"Don't sound too surprised," he joked. I gave him a friendly punch in the shoulder.

"Shut up, you know what I mean," I grinned. "I've never heard that song before. Why had I never heard that song before?"

"Maybe because you judged us on the singles that we released and didn't take time to listen to our albums?" Harry chimed in. I shot him a look. Fair point well made, Mr Styles.

"But that's just my point," I countered. "Why are you guys not releasing stuff like this as singles instead of that other sh-." They all turned to stare at me. "-tuff. That other stuff." Harry raised an eyebrow and smirked as if to say 'good save'. Liam shrugged.

"The label preferred the more upbeat pop stuff and management agreed. That's what sells as far as they're concerned."

"But they're wrong," I argued. "If you guys had been releasing stuff like that into the charts then I'd have paid you way more attention." I got the funny looks again. "No offence." My mind started working at a hundred miles a minute. There was something staring me in the face here, something really obvious, and I just needed to put my finger on...

"I've got an idea!" The four of them looked at me expectantly so I took that as the all clear to continue. "You guys should make an unplugged album!" The guys looked at each other like they were silently discussing the idea. "Seriously, you could write some new stuff but then re-record some of your old stuff but do it all acoustically, all just completely raw. You guys are actually kind of amazing and it's about time you released an entire album full of music that doesn't cover up your vocals with loud pop-y backing tracks. You guys sounded amazing just then – that's what you should be showing the world."

The boys seemed to think about it for a moment. I have to be honest, as the silence grew longer in the room I started doubting myself. Maybe they actually enjoyed the upbeat stuff that they usually put out there and didn't want to do anything different. And was it a smart move to even suggest it to them right now like this? I was only an intern, I hadn't even discussed my idea with Emmie. I mean, I know she said that I was basically their manager now but I wasn't exactly sure if I could be making decisions as huge as this by myself.

"Yes." Liam's voice broke me out of my little inward panic.

"Yes, what?" I asked slowly.

"Yes we think that an unplugged album is a great idea," Niall clarified for me. I grinned round at all of them to see if they all felt the same and the smiles on each of their faces confirmed that they did.

"Really? That's so great!" I said. "I'll obviously have to clear it with Emmie first, but she said I basically have full rein with you guys so hopefully it won't be a problem."

"I'm sure it won't be – it's a really great idea," Harry said. I glanced over at him.

"Thanks."