Gillian

' My name is Helen Grace Landers and I'm the perfect fit for Columbia because I can work a camera ? ' No, no, BACKSPACE

' My name is Helen Grace Landers and I'm the perfect fit for Columbia because I can work a camera ? ' No, no, BACKSPACE. God why is this so hard for me? I guess I never was much of a writer. "UGh" I groaned.

"Hon' why are you stressing? You know you're going to do great" Gilly said from behind me. She was laying on my bed looking at a Peoples magazine. I always smiled when she said "hon'" to me, even though she said that to everyone. " BECAUSE, I can't write for shit, and I have no chance of getting in" she popped a blueberry into her mouth, "don't say that, you're like really smart." I turned around in my swivel chair to face her , she didn't look up from her magazine but said. " Hey look Virgo says ' Things will work out like they planned' good for you, eh?"

"Gilly, you know I don't believe in horoscopes"

"You should, make your life a lot less complicated. Leave it to fate, ya know?" I rolled my eyes " uh huh, well what does yours say, Pisces, right?"

"mhmm February 26th, 'The love of your life is right under your nose', oooo think that's about Jeremy?" she giggled. "He's such a loser" I mumbled. "That's your opinion, I think he's sweet" "yeah he's sweet, you know salt looks like sugar, doesn't make it so." "you always say that" she pouted. "Hey all I'm saying is you could do soooo much better, alright?" I gave her a meaningful look. "He IS better "
"better than what, Chad?"
"Don't even mention Chad in my presence"
"Cut to 6 months you'll be saying the same thing about Jeremy"
"I will NOT"
"Mhmm"
"Don't 'mhmm' me"
"Mhmmmmmm". She looked at me with her pretty brown eyes, light freckles. She's so cute. I mean like as a friend. HAhah. Who am I fooling? I love her. Jeez.
"Whatever ms.judgy, don't you have an application to do?" She cocked her head to the side.
"It's not due till November, it's August"
"You seemed pretty hellbent on getting it done before school started just a few minutes ago" she did that cute arched eyebrow thing I love.
"Whatever" I turned back in my chair, facing my computer.
"I'd better get home" she checked her watch. I nodded. I went to walk Gillian to my front door, she hugged me. "Night Hon'"
I smiled as I watched her walk down the street. About an hour later I got a snap from her, just a picture of her face close up, captioned "luv ya". I smiled and replied with "I luv ya back" before getting under the covers and drifting off to sleep.