Chapter 3

I walked up to Gwen in the hall.

"Hey, why did you leave me?" She nudged me.

"Mr. Shits is an asshole." I looked over my shoulder to see Mr. Shirts glaring at me, "Don't worry, I'll get that teacher to like me."

She smiled, "So, how was your little trip to the office?"

"I was only in there for a few minutes."

"Then, where did you go?"

"I went to Mr. Warner's classroom. He wasn't teaching that period. He is a really cool guy.. I even sang to him."

"You sang to him? Juliet! You don't ever sing to anyone, what is up with you? Do you like him?" She gave me a smug look.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Ooh, you do. I know you do, I can tell." She smiled big at me.

"Okay, maybe a little. But hey, it's impossible to not like a guy like that. He's different, you know."

"I want you two to fuck."

"WOAH!" I stopped and held my hands in front of me, "Woah.. Girl, take it easy. I just met him a few hours ago."

She laughed, "I was kidding, dumb-ass."

We started walking again.. I leaned in towards her and whispered, "He plays guitar."

"Oooh, you know what they say about guitarists."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I pushed her as I laughed.

"Well, I have to go to math." She frowned and started to walk away from me.

"Do you know what lunch you have?" I called.

She turned and started to walk backwards, "Second, I believe.. Which do you have?"

"I'm not sure.. I'll text you when I find out."

"Alright.. And don't forget."

I smiled at her as I turned down the art hallway.. I entered the room and scoped out the class. I only recognized about three people.. My old friend Tom, who was a little on the flamboyant side. Andy, who was a big stoner, also my ex. And then there is Nikki, my old best friend.. I wonder if she still likes me.

I went over and sat next to Tom, "Hiya, Tom."

"Hey Juliet.. Long time, no see."

"Long time, no talk. How have you been?"

"I've been okay.. Still searching for that special someone. How about yourself?"

"I've been okay."

"Are you still searching for that special someone too?" He smiled.

"I think I found someone."

"Ooh, and who is that?"

I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't. He runs his mouth too much, and I don't want the whole school knowing that I like my teacher. Do you know how awkward that would be, especially if or when he finds out?

"Uh, you don't know him. He goes to a private school." I blinked three times. A habit I had when I lied. Some people catch on right away, some still haven't noticed.

He rolled his eyes, "You're lying."

"I am not!"

"Juliet, I can tell when you're lying. You blink three times in a row when you lie.. I wasn't born yesterday."

I sighed.

"Who is he? I won't tell, if that's what you're afraid of."

"It's the new English teacher, Mr. Warner."