Chapter 6

Mr. Warner started the car up, "Just a warning girls, I love to drive fast."

I held my hands up in defense, "Fine by me."

He sped out of the parking lot and zoomed past the stop sign. I already like this man.

"So where do you gals want to be dropped off?" He looked in the rear-view mirror at Gwen.

"Juliet's house which is right by the mall."

"Oh, then you're not too far from me. I live over by the furniture store."

"Hmm, we're practically neighbors." A smiled curled across my face.

He turned the radio on and started blasting Alice Cooper.

"Man you listen to some awesome music!" I laughed.

We all started to sing along. Mr. Warner was a cool teacher, and extremely cute. It took a lot for me to actually like a guy, but I think he's going to be one of them. I wanted to be with him. I was going to try anything to get with him, one way or another. Even though it requires breaking a lot of rules. But life is too short to follow all the rules. 

 "So Juliet, what's the name of your road?" Mr. Warner asked me.

"O Drive." I looked over at him.

"O Drive? What the fuck kind of road name is that?"

"In my neighborhood, the roads go from H to P. I have no clue why. It's stupid as shit. But there's nothing I can do about that. What's the name of your road."

"I'm not telling you." He smiled.

"Why not? You get to see where I live. So I get to know the name of your road. It'll make us even."

He sighed, "I live on Kelling Road."

I snickered, "Kelling? Were the people who named these roads on drugs or something?" 

"It's better than this one city I went to one time. Morehead."

I busted out laughing, "Morehead? Hah. Hahaha. Ha. That's funny as fuck." I pretended to wipe a tear away from my eye, "Who names a city Morehead?"

"I guess the same people who name roads stuff like Balsak."

"And how is that spelled?"

"B-A-L-S-A-K." 

"Oh good lord, people are so peverted." I shook my head.

He turned down my road and all I could think of was, 'Damnit, I don't want to leave. I wanted to hang with him and such.' But he's an older man. Why would he want to hang with two teenagers?

"So Mr. Warner-" I started to say, but Mr. Warner cut me off by saying, "Call me Brian."

"Oh, okay, Brian, would you like to go to this concert with us this Friday?" I asked, a bit nervous, "It's a friend's band, and they're pretty alright, I guess."

"Sure, I would love to go. What time is it and where at?"

"It's at eight at Adam's Bar."

"Alright. I'll be there." He smiled.

I smiled back, "Thanks for the ride. See ya!" Gwen and I got out of his car and ran up to my house.

Gwen closed the front door, then looked at me, "I can't believe you invited him to the concert, and I can't believe he said yes."

"Mr. Warner is just like us, but older. So it's not too bad."

"Are you trying to hook up with him?" She took her shoes off, then we both went up to my room.

"Maybe."

"Juilet, did you listen to what I was talking to you about earlier? If you two hook up, and he gets caught, he could get in a lot of trouble."

"We won't get caught. It's easy. We just don't do stuff like kissing at school. We will be super careful."

She shook her head, "I don't know. I just don't think you should try and risk it. How would you feel if he got fired?"

"I won't feel bad, because he won't get fired, because we won't get caught. Come on Gwen, I'm starting to really like Mr. Warner, even though I haven't known him too long. But you know how I am."

"Yeah, it takes a lot for you to actually like a guy. But what's so special about Mr. Warner?"

"What isn't special about him? He's amazing, from what I've seen. He likes my singing, he likes my art, he plays guitar, he pretty much only talked to me today."

"Give it some time. Get to know him more first before you try getting with him. For all you know, he could be a serial killer. Or a rapist."

"I doubt that he's either of those."

"You never know. People are good at hiding things."

I rolled my eyes, "You're starting to sound like my mother."

"I'm sorry, but it's true. I read news articles all the time, and I read stories like teachers being killers. It's true. It can happen."

"Yup, you have turned into my mother. But okay, fine. I will get to know Mr. Warner more before I try to get with him. If that makes you happy."

"It does, thank you."

"Besides, if he were a killer, why did he not kill us on the ride home from school?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe since it's the begining of the year, it'll be obvious."

I laughed, "Okay, whatever."

"Come on, let's start this movie project. We have to film it in the fall."

"I have pretty much all of it written out, I have the last scene to write. I think next year we should make a fan-made video for Friday the 13th. Since we're doing Halloween this year."

"That sounds like a plan." She smiled at me.

"We should have Mr. Warner be in our video."

She sighed, "Maybe. Maybe. But he might not want to be in it."

"We'll see."