Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

I wake up at nine and walk down in the kitchen. My repertoire of dishes is few so whenever this happens, I try not to deviate from that tried and often rocky path the kitchen has dark brown cabinets with two double doors. These cabinets are filled with dishes, cups and bowls on one side and spices along with a box of assorted celestial season’s tea and two boxes of assorted individual packs of oatmeal on the other. To the right, below the cabinet doors is the sink, there are generally dirty dishes in the sink just begging to be washed. The sink is surrounded by a forlorn stove to the left and a dish rack to the right. The frequently used white refrigerator is located about 10 inches in front of the dish rack and stands next to the microwave rack, which houses a black microwave and a biscuit colored convectional oven.

I place the stuffed French toast in the oven to bake, leave them for five minutes and prepare the frosty fruit salad and hot coffee. Just in time when I placed them on the dining table, George arrives in his Van Heusan’s black shirt and light blue rugged Edun jeans. His dark brown hairs are perfectly messed with the hair jell. He looks at me and smiles staring straight at me with his deep brown eyes.

 As I bend down platting for him, I can smell his CK One Summer fragrance. It’s my favorite from his collections. The IWC Portuguese minute repeater watch with platinum on strap with silver dial wraps his wrist with the ultimate classy style. I gifted him that watch on our last anniversary. Soon after I plat him the French toast and salad, Kel walks in the dine-dragging her Barbie doll with her.

“Good morning, sweetheart!” George moves near her and carries her to the table.

“Good morning dad, mom” she said softly rubbing her eyes.

“Morning! What do you want for the breakfast today?” I ask her as I sat across George on the table.

“Anything will do. “She said feeling lazy to speak.

She has never been the naughty, stubborn kid to through tantrums, disrespect elders. She is very sweet, loving kid.

“Okay sweetie I’ll make you chocolate milkshake with some French toast. Is that okay with you?” I asked her moving to the kitchen.

“Yeah that’s perfect mom,” she said with a smile.

“Dan, I am leaving. I am a little late today. I’ll call you from work.”

“Yeah, George! Kel and I are going for some shopping today. I promised her. So I’ll be spending the afternoon with her. Take care, see you in the evening,” I called out to him.

“Okay Hun! Bye, see you.” He went to Kel, hugged her and gave her a peck on the cheeks and left.

“Kel, here’s your milkshake and toast. Quickly have your breakfast and get ready until than I’ll finish my work. ”I turned on the cartoon channel--Oggy and the Cockroaches, her favorite show, was coming up.

“Okay mom,” she said, staring at the stupid cartoon. I took my hot coffee mug and went upstairs. I needed some time alone to make up mind and go out with Kel. I needed to clear my mind so that I can enjoy time with her. As I sit bundled up in a warm, brown, comfy Calvin Klein-Long Sleeve Nightgown and a big, off-white blanket, I sip through the coffee and look around here in my room. When sitting on my brown-stripped bed, I notice that all my walls are different yet they all tie perfectly together.

On the wall at the end of my bed, I have a wardrobe and a shelf built into my creamy, dreamy, white walls. On my shelf, I have my assortment of candy colored nail polishes lined up so neatly like little soldiers ready for battle.  A pink, purples, blues, oranges, the list could go on forever and many perfumes are too many to count.  On my top shelf are placed Kellie’s photos, one of which is my favorite—the one of myself and my cute Kellie.

Every time I glance over at it, it makes me smile. On the same wall beside my wardrobe is a large rectangular shaped window with modern off-white, bamboo looking blinds. Twirled around the top of my window are the stuffed, fake, fabric flowers that my family gave me every time I visited them.  They were sewn on happy faces smiling down on me like little guardian angels.

Looking to my leftm the wall is mainly covered by a large, grand, floor length mirror.  When I do my makeup in the morning, my mirror is crispy, cold, and refreshing to the touch as I wipe the smudges of mascara off of it.  Above the mirror is a picture of the Ottawa buildings and landscapes.  Beside that is black and white clock.  I hear it tick, tock, tick, tock everyday and every night.  Below my tick, tock clock is a wooden decoration.  It has three colored Chinese symbols on it.  Faith comes first in a rustic, gold.  Next is love with a warm, rosy pink, and last is family in a rich, royal blue.  I love this wall the most because I can see who I am, where I came from, and who, and what I care most about.

Behind me is my third wall.  It’s the wall with the important things, by door, and my bed.  I have a side table that George and I painted a lilac, and crisp white.  It reminds me of how the flowers look right when the snow starts to melt in the beginning of spring.  On top of my side table I have a sleek, silver, and clear lamp with a deep, black, round lamp shade.  Next to my side table in my luxurious, comforting, come lay in me bed!  My blanket has lots of different shades of brown stripes on it.  At the end of my bed is a tropical, off-white colored, bunny soft throw blanket.  Behind my head are three of the most squishy, soft pillows I could ask for. Above my head, I have two black and white, framed photos of George and I.

Soon I finished my coffee, placed the mug on the side table got up to the wardrobe. I took my skinny tight denim and a white full sleeve shirt which had floral sleeves and color. I quickly took shower and stood in front of the mirror. I left my long, wavy midnight hairs which had highlights of purple and pink in the end freely. I did the mascara.

“Perfect,” I smiled looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I realized Kel must be still watching the cartoon and might have not got ready. So I went down and she was lying on the couch and watching the stupid cartoon.

“Kel, I told you to get ready. Put your legs down, sweetie. Is that a way to sit?” I said annoyingly. I get annoyed with her when she does these things.

“Sorry, I was just going. It’s about to get over mom. It’s my favorite show you know that.” She said in a pleading tone.

“Five more minutes and you’ll get straight for shower,” I told her sternly.

“Yeah” she said sadly.

“I am going to get you another sweet cute little doll just like you,” I told her curling on the couch with her.

“Yeah mom, hurry up! I can’t wait to see her. Why are you watching this stupid cartoon? You are an adult,” she said giggling.

“Oh! Fine than I am leaving.” I said cuddling with her.

“No mom, I am coming in ten minutes. Wait for me.” She rushed to the room.

Soon after fifteen minutes she was arrived in her pink frock and her pink shoes with her Barbie.

“Are you taking this Barbie with you?” I asked her, looking at her dolly.

“Yes mom. You know I don’t go out leaving her alone.”

“Okay, okay. Now come on,” I said, as I walked out and went in the garage to the car.

She followed me and we went to the mall near the house.