Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It is beautiful, serene morning. I wake up to the sounds of the chirping in the window of my bedroom. I glide the curtain open and feel the touch of the sun rays on my skin. It is very rare that during winters, we get to feel the warmth of the sun because either it’s always a snowfall or dark morning or I hate both. This beautiful weather couldn’t make me resist against the hot coffee that I had been craving for. Kel is sleeping under the warmth of the blankets in the soft comfy bed and George had been snoring in the sleep. He was causing a disturbance in my date with the beautiful morning. He slept around 3:00 am after watching a horror movie and one action movie.

I went down in my light brown warm, full sleeved gown. I prepared myself the hot coffee. A full big mug of hot coffee and a beautiful romance novel early in the morning with the warm bathing sun feels so good.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, a testimony to love. I have a huge stack of novels but only romance. This is one of my favorite things to do: read. I am so passionate about reading that at times I get so involved in the story that I feel what the characters feel and cry. George hates it when I cry for them, but he is not a ‘reader-freak’, so he will never understand why I cry.

I was reading the last few pages of the story, and then Kel woke up from the sleep. She came out rubbing her eyes off tears. She called out to me; I was sitting in the garden. I realized that she woke up and rushed inside to look for her.

She was standing in the middle of the hall—crying and calling out for me. George was so much into his sleep that he did not even hear Kel.

“Hey my babe?” I held her in my arms and hugged her tight.

“Mom, you left me. Why did you leave me in the toy store and go? I was lost mom,” she cried.

“No, I did not leave my baby doll. How can I leave her alone? You must have seen a bad dream Kel.” I cleaned up the tears from her face, took her to the table and made her stand while I explained.

“Mom, you did leave your baby. Why do you do that? Am I not a good girl? Am I not pretty that you left me?” she cried even more.

“No Kel. I love you; you are pretty and really a good girl. You are the best daughter anyone can have Kel. Kel I got you that big doll and then you left the Barbie in the car. We came home and then dad scolded you and you apologized to me. Remember?” I told her trying to calm her down.

“Oh yeah! I love you!” She hugged me.

“Now c’mon, I’ll turn on the TV for you. Watch your stupid cartoon,” I told her trying to cheer her up.

“I’ll watch the stupid SpongeBob Squarepants,” she grinned with delight.

“Okay, okay,” I turned on the TV and went to prepare her chocolate shake.

Moments later, George was awake.

“Morning everyone!” he moaned.

“Good morning daddaa,” Kel said playfully.

“Morning George. Are you not sleepy, you came up at three in the morning?” I replied.

“I am a little,” he said lazily, lying down on the sofa.

“It’s Sunday. You can sleep, George,” I pointed out.

I did not get any reply. He must be very drowsy. I walked out in the hall to give Kel her shake. George had been sleeping on the sofa. Mouth-open. Half of the body hanging below the sofa and half on the sofa. Why does he watch so much TV so late night?