This I Promise You-Dick x reader

This may be sad, just warning you ahead of time, plus I feel really depressed, sorry... this is in Dick's point of view by the way.

When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies

I looked around the empty apartment. Y/N was the only other person, and now she's gone. I thought about everything we had been through. The cuddles we shared on the couch, the fights we had, the rom com movies I forced her to watch, everything. And now she's gone.

I'll be your strength,
I'll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it's gone
The one you should call,
Was standing here all along..

I dropped my bag by the couch and stood for a moment. All I could think about was the damn mission. If only I had been a little faster...I could've helped her. Talia had her, I could've done something, but my body wouldn't let me move. How was I supposed to help when I couldn't move?

And I will take
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

I promised her, I promised her that I'd keep her safe. I broke my promise and now she's gone. I was there and I couldn't do anything. I screamed. I promised her, I promised.... I threw the table into the wall. Tears streamed down my face as I thought of her beautiful face. She kept me grounded, she kept everybody grounded. Nobody got hurt on her watch. She would always protect everybody, and when it was her turn to be protected, she wasn't...

I've loved you forever,
In lifetimes before
And I promise you never...
Will you hurt anymore

I loved her. I promised that she would never hurt again. That nobody would hurt her anymore, that I'd always be there for her. When she needed me most, I wasn't there. I didn't help her. I loved her ever since I had first seen her at the hall. We were best friends, I was gonna tell her I loved her, but I was too late. She was with another guy, she was too busy, she was finally available, and she was gone. I lost her, for good.

I give you my word
I give you my heart (give you my heart)
This is a battle we've won
And with this vow,
Forever has now begun...

I gave her my word, I let her have my heart. We fought together, side by side, I loved her, the teams lost her....I lost her. I remember the first time we met. She took me out with a single line: "Look, Boy Wonder, everyone needs at least one friendship...based on sarcasm and insults, now would you like to be mine?" I remember everything about her. She always had a snarky comment, whether it be when she faced Batman for the first time, or when she was back talking the popular girl at our school.

Just close your eyes (close your eyes)
Each loving day (each loving day)
I know this feeling won't go away (no..)
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you..
This I promise you..

Loving Y/N was definitely something. Every time I showed up at the apartment damaged, she would always nag at me to be more careful.  She would stitch me up and force me to sleep on the couch if I had to go out again. I could always count on her. The one time she counted on me, I wasn't there for her...I wiped my face once more. I was still in my Nightwing uniform.

Over and over I fall (over and over I fall)
When I hear you call
Without you in my life baby
I just wouldn't be living at all...

Everyday, whether it was good or bad, she would always make it even better than the one before. I would fall in love with her over and over again. Without her, everybody was either depressed or fighting. I can't imagine life without her, now I'm being forced to live without her k owing it's my fault that she isn't here. Damian and Jason will start fighting again and they won't listen to anybody anymore. Y/N died 3 hours ago on a mission Bruce had assigned for the entire team. He must've knew something was gonna happen.

And I will take (I will take you in my arms)
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong (right where you belong)
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you baby

I remember holding her lifeless body while Jason and Tim restrained me from killing anyone in my path. I should've told her, I should've told her how much I loved-love her. I miss her so much. Every time she had her heart broken, she made sure that no one else was hurt, that everyone else was smiling. What did she do to deserve this? Why couldn't it have been me?

Just close your eyes
Each loving day (each loving day)
I know this feeling won't go away (no..)
Every word I say is true
This I promise you

She would have nightmares, I know because she came to me. I would hold her in my arms, feeling like we belong that way when she would start talking about her boyfriend or something else.i would still hold her and tell her to close her eyes and that nothing bad would ever happen to her. Boy, was I wrong. What was I thinking when I told her, when I promised her that I would protect her from anything. That I would rut or kill anything in my way? I was blind, I was in love. She was my weakness, my partner. Who would be Shadow now? I can't be Nightwing without my little Shadow running around or with me. I tore off my costume and threw it across the room. I wish I could bring her back...

Every word I say is true
This I promise you
Ooh, I promise you

Shes gone...