Six: Point Of No Return

A month later...

“Ebony Moore, you are under arrest for the murder of Sean Morgan and Ethan Reynolds.” The cops arrested me right outside the Gucci store.

“It wasn't me!” I shouted, incredulously.  “I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch!”

“Everything you saycan and will be used against you in the court of law, Ms. Moore,” the detective said very pointedly as they hauled my ass into the police squad car.

***

The detective places down photos of the crime scene and the autopsy, hoping I'd crack and confess. I know how this shit goes. I’ve seen Law & Order. “Sean Morgan,” the detective began, “was beaten to death. Ethan Reynolds: shot in the face. Surveillance places you at both crime scenes at the time of the murders. Start talking Ms. Moore.”

I sit back in the chair and say nothing, crossing my arms. Suddenly the door to the room opens and in walks the last person I wanted to see wearing a grey suit, a white Lenin shirt, and black full rimmed rectangle glasses, holding a briefcase. He was pulling off the attorney facade real good. The district attorney came in behind him and stood off to the side.

“Who is this?” the detective asked.

“This is Ms. Moore's attorney-

“Douglass McGee,” he finished the D.A.’s sentence. Was he serious? He pushes the black rimmed glasses up higher upon his nose. “Ebony, don't you say a word.” If you guessed it was boss, you guessed wrong. It was Snake posing as my attorney.

A lot has happened over the past month. I for one wasn't the same woman I once was. It’s amazing how a person could change over the course of a few weeks…

****

It was love at first sight. I knew he was the one; the one that would protect me and keep me safe.

“I want you,” I whispered seductively as I ran my fingers along his steel body.

Boss rolled his eyes as his attention zeroed in on the steel in my hands. “That's a Sig Sauer P229.  It's reliable, but I would rather give you something a little smaller, easier to handle.” He tried to pluck Bobby out of my hands, but I held on tighter.

“I want 'em,”I protested. Bobby was mine.

He sighed. “Him? Fine. Give him a go and see how he feels in your hands.” I was getting so excited. “One day you're going to be just as excited... to ride my dick.” He said those words so softly, I barely heard him. I ignored it and placed both hands on the hilt and squeezed the trigger just like he taught me. I aimed at the chest cavity. I hit my mark.

We've been training non-stop, every day for the past week. Shooting was the one thing I caught on quickly. Knives: not so much. Hand to hand Combat; I was still a little rough around the edges. Before, my body was all soft, but now my legs, stomach, and arms were getting toned from the constant workout.

“That shit was lit! Did you see that?!”

A dark smile spread across his lips. “Yes. Good girl. You're ready now.”

“For what?”