PROLOGUE

SHE COULDN'T SLEEP

SHE COULDN'T SLEEP.

Haven felt selfish. She felt as if she was the last one that had any right to be this destroyed. This broken.

Rosita and Sasha had lost Abraham.

Maggie had lost Glenn. She had lost everyone.

Daryl was still alive. Her brother was still alive. At least she hoped. But she knew Daryl, she knew he most be dead inside with the guilt of Glenn's death. And the fact that she couldn't be there with her brother broke her.

It hadn't been a week yet, so the group didn't have to worry about facing The Saviors again yet. But that also meant they had to meet the man's demands if not it'd be the Dixon man to pay the price.

If it were up to Haven she would have taken her brother's place in a heartbeat. It took everything in her to not kick and scream when she witnessed Negan order his men to take Daryl hostage. But it was the pleading look in his eyes that withheld her back.

"We can't let him know you're Daryl's sister. Look at what he almost made me do to my own son."

Rick had tried to keep Haven from doing anything these couple of days, but she refused to stay locked in her house and cry. That wasn't who she was. That wasn't what a Dixon was made of.

Every time she would close her eyes, visions of Abraham and Glenn's fallen bodies flashed through her mind. The look of despair in her brother's eyes. His smirking, maniac face.

Haven wasn't sure how she would react the moment Negan and his men came and invaded Alexandria. But she knew she would not let her weakness show.

For the sake of the group, herself, and her brother.

________

a small introduction to get things on a roll, full chapter should be up after the ep!! IM SO EXCITED FOR IT OMFK

also that's a vid I did for this fic yO