ONE

❝HE WAS EVERYTHING YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT WHEN SHE TOLD YOU NOT TO WALK ALONE IN THE DARK.❞

________

________

ACT ONE
SCENE I

HE WAS EARLY.

Rick watched as Spencer reluctantly wanted to open the gate for Negan, making him fear for his well being.

He immediately turned to face the woman beside him, trying not to give away his arising anxiety.

"Haven, they're early." She wanted to run. The brunette had thought she had more time, more time to build up this unbreakable demeanor in order to face them. But here they were.

"G-G-Go to your house. Hide the photos. Now." Without looking back, Rick began walking towards the new leader, leaving Haven behind to take in everything that was about to occur.

_________

THE MORE SHUFFLING SHE HEARD NEARBY ONLY MADE HER RUSH EVEN MORE.

At first, all she was going to do was hide the photos. But once she looked out the curtain to see that the Saviors were really looking through everything, she knew she had to hide any trace of Daryl.

After folding and mixing the few clothes Daryl insisted on owning with her own, Haven sat at the edge of her bed. There wasn't many photos to go around in the first place, so she held only three.

One was of Daryl himself. It was one she always carried, while he carried one of her. They had been separated before, and it was the only way they at least felt they weren't completely torn apart.

The second one was of Daryl and herself, taken by an Alexandrian in their first couple of days. There wasn't a pose, it was more of an off guard. But that's why she cherished it the most, it was truly how they were.

The final one was the only photograph she was able to get out of her house after the Apocalypse broke out. The only known photograph of the Dixon siblings in existence, including Merle.

The sound of knocks on her front door made her snap out of her thoughts. Not knowing where she could possibly hide the photographs, she stuffed them into her right boot, racing down the stairs to open the door.

Expecting to see a group of dirty, old men and preparing to have her guard up, Haven's heart nearly stopped at the sight of Rick, Negan, and her brother not so far behind right at her doorstep.