ELEVEN

❝WHAT IF I'M FAR FROM HOME? OH BROTHER I WILL HEAR YOUR CALL. WHAT IF I LOSE IT ALL? OH SISTER I WILL HELP YOU OUT.❞

______

______

ACT SIX
SCENE ONE

RICK WATCHED HAVEN BECOME MORE AND MORE ANXIOUS AS THEY ARRIVED AT THE HILLTOP.

She'd mention to him that before she left the Sanctuary, Jesus had arrived and promised to help Daryl escape. They both wanted to believe it so badly. But lately hope seemed to run low amongst the group.

But once the Hilltop's gates opened and revealed Maggie, it seemed like not everything was lost.

Watching Rick seem a bit more relaxed as he hugged Maggie made her anxiety came down a bit, bringing in the woman into her arms as well. Haven had missed Maggie so much and was beyond proud of how strong she was.

As they broke away from the hug, Haven watched Maggie point both Rick and herself to the left. Seeing Jesus appear ironically renewed hope, and once they saw someone beside him, Haven and Rick barely had control to not break down in tears.

Covering her mouth with her hand, Haven watched Daryl walk towards them. She noticed how he tried to nod, trying to mask how he really felt, but that all broke down as Rick and Haven brought Daryl in their arms between them.

Losing their older brother to this world, Haven and Daryl always knew that deep down they had another brother. Rick wasn't blood, but their bond was much stronger than that.

As he rose up from their arms, Haven held onto his shoulders, not believing her brother had escaped. It was worth it.

"You're okay." Daryl barely was able to let those words out, not expecting to see his sister out of the Sanctuary much like himself. He was scared of the repercussions Negan could've issued to her due to his escape, but it didn't matter anymore. They were reunited as they should be.

"Of course I am, now that I know you're out of harms way." Daryl knew what his sister had done to ensure his security, yet it still stung him a bit. He was supposed to take care of his baby sister, not putting her in danger.

Yet, he still wondered why Negan had never used her to blackmail him. Why hadn't he killed Haven? It would've been the perfect way to break him, Negan had found Daryl's weakness yet never completely used it against him.

There was more to this, but having his sister back and the rest of the family was too precious to interrupt with such questions.

_______

AFTER THEIR NOT SO SMOOTH CONVERSATION WITH GREGORY, HAVEN FOLLOWED MAGGIE TO WHERE SHE SLEPT.

"You sure you're okay?" Maggie had asked Haven this questions multiple times, receiving small nods from her, but Maggie knew there was something up.

"I already told you like eight time, Mags. I'm good." Getting some food for Maggie, the two friends sat opposite of one another. From the looks of it, Maggie was not convinced and Haven prepared for more questions.

"Did he do something to you?" Haven knew Negan was the cat in the room, sighing at the indirect mention of the man from Maggie. Looking up to meet her eyes, Haven could see the anger in her eyes at even just mentioning him.

"No, he didn't. But he did treat Daryl like crap, so that's like treating me like crap."

"I'm surprised he didn't hurt you or use you as bargaining chip." Maggie could see Haven herself was surprised, she didn't know why the man hadn't used her to his advantage to break Daryl like he probably originally planned.

"Maggie, I'm going back."

Haven watched the woman drop the fork in her hands, waiting for her to look up to see how she was reacting.

"You're crazy, no you're not."

"Maggie, I have to. Look, he's probably blowing a casket the moment he realized Daryl escaped. If I go, I'll be an insider. It can help us win this war." Maggie wasn't having any of this. Just the feeling of watching her friend leave again to where the man who killed her husband lived was killing her mentally again.

"N-N-No! What if he kills you when you get there to get back at Daryl?! Haven, you can't, no. Rick and Daryl won't let that happen."

"I have to help this family, I have to. Negan... He won't kill me. In some crazy messed up way, I think he cares about me. Even one of his wives noticed-"

"Do you hear yourself right now? One of his wives?! Haven, no! I can't, I can't lose someone else." Haven got up and went over to Maggie, not wanting to see her aggravated so it won't affect her pregnancy.

Not wanting to worry or cause her more stress, Haven waved off talking about the subject anymore and met up with the rest of the family. She knew Maggie wouldn't say anything, but Haven knew Rick and Daryl would notice very soon.

They were her family, and she'd do anything in order to protect them. Even if that means going back to her biggest issue; Negan.

_______

AHHHH IM SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE!

school is eating me up already + my personal problems have been getting to me lately, school just messes me up man. but I love you all & wanted to update bc you all deserve it!

a family filled chapter, from this point it's going to go a bit my way for now bc twd isn't back yet and I wanna try to keep updating weekly!