Chapter XLI - Kratia

* * * * * *

It's been more than enough time for Hakyeon and Hongbin to finish with their training on top of being well rested for the day that is to come. They were already at the point in which they knew that there was nothing left for them to do except to put their powers into test.

Of course Hakyeon didn't wish to use any of his powers to fight against Taekwoon but they knew that they would never be able to get near the Ruler of the Underworld without some sort of precaution. It was for their own safety.

Ravi told Jaehwan that he should stay behind and wait for their return at the cottage since Jaehwan was no longer a God but he insisted on going along with the others.

'Don't worry. I may not have my powers anymore but I still know very well how to use my swords. Plus, I've been learning some of that witchcraft magic that you've been so into researching about. I'm quite good at it actually. Your position as the strongest witch in the world might get snatched by me,' Jaehwan joked.

'It's no time to joke Jaehwan-ah. I just don't want you to get hurt. You've barely just recovered from it all...'

'It's okay. I'm fine. You'll stay by my side anyways. So there's no way I'll ever get hurt. Not when you're here to protect me right? You're about to go confront Taekwoonie along with the others, there's no way I'm going to be the only one left behind. I want to be next to you if anything were to happen. Don't you dare plan on leaving me behind.' Jaehwan hugged Ravi tightly.

Neither could imagine going on without the other by their side anymore. They've been through too much misunderstandings and obstacles to get this far.

* * * * * *

'Promise me you won't do anything stupid or crazy like before,' Hongbin grabbed onto Hakyeon's arms tightly in concern.

'Kong-ah...'

'Promise me.'

'I...'

'Why do you have to hesitate even now? I thought I've already mentioned this enough times for you to understand that it worries me if anything were to happen to you! I know you're not stupid enough to not know how I feel about you already.'

Hongbin stared straight into Hakyeon's eyes.

Hakyeon knew. He could feel it. That the younger felt something more than just friendship or family towards him but he also knew too well that there was no way he could answer to those feelings. Not when his heart lied somewhere else.

'I don't care for replies. I know your answer too clearly already to even try any take you away but I just worry about you. Let me worry for you. I just... want to see a smile from you for once. An actual smile, not a fake one. Even when we first met, I knew you were hiding something about yourself that you didn't want others to know. But now I know and I'll do anything as long as you can truly be happy again. Even if it means helping you bring back Jung Taekwoon. I know he means a lot to you and I'm willing to help as long as you can forget about your sadness and find happiness instead. That's all I want from you.'

Hongbin was sincere.

'Thank you Kong-ah. Really. Everything you're doing for me. I appreciate it a lot and I can't ask for more. I promise not to hurt myself and do my absolute best in this fight.' Hakyeon couldn't help but give Hongbin a hug of reassurance one last time before they head out.

* * * * * *

'You really care a lot about Hakyeon don't you?' Hyuk said to Hongbin as everyone was busy making their final checks before setting out.