Walking among the Walkers

I wake up and see the girl packing up the sleeping bag. Her hood was back on and covering her face.She looked at me,"Good, your awake. Here put these on." She threw a black and white shirt at me and a pair of ripped pants. Clothes!? Im not wearing cothes! I thought. I stared at her in confusion. "Umm...Why?" I asked looking at the clothes. She pulled out a magnum 22.(a pistol) and started loading it. 

She stood up and tightend her hood. "I need you to put on those clothes because it has a walkers scent on it." She explained.''Yeah,no kidding'' I thought. "And if you have the scent of a walker they wont mess with you...usually." She smiled to reassure me."Usually...great." I said. 

I slipped on the ripped jeans and threw on the shirt. I gotta admit it felt weird to wear clothes but it wasnt as bad as I thought. She was starring at me,"What?" I asked. She started giggling,"You put the pants on backwards. I looked down and sure enough they were. Well that makes more sense I thought.

We started walking through what looked like a town. I have never seen a place so empty and dead. Everything was dark and empty,even though it was probably the middle of the day. Everything was quiet, too quiet.On our way through I saw a few ripped up corpses on the side of the street. (That would explain the smell)  

I noticed a few dark figures in a burnt up coffee shop. Survivors? I walked closer to the shop but the hooded girl pulled me back,"What are you doing?" She asked in a loud whisper. "Theres people in there." I said,also in a loud whisper. She glanced back at the coffee shop and ducked,pulling me down with her. "Those things...are not people." I looked back at the coffee shop and saw the figure staring at us with dead eyes and ripped faces.

They started walking towards us. "I think those things...see us!" I said,almost yelling.She turned around and stood up. I stood up next to her ready to kick some undead butt. She put her hand in front of me signaling me not to move. We both froze. No wonder they call these things walkers! They walk slower than my grandma! I thought,getting a little impatient.

"Just stay still and dont move...Walkers easily forget what there doing." She whispered. This is stupid! I thought. I should be kicking their butts right now! I couldnt handle the whole"waiting"thing,so I ran at the walkers and spun at them in a ball and knocked both of them off their feet. "Take that! Too slow walkers!" I said, a little louder than I intended to. 

The hooded girl was signaling me to stop! I didnt listen,instead I did the exact oppisite. "Oh Walkers!? Cmon out! I can kick your undead butts anytime!" She started stomping her feet and waving her hands around like a maniac. I didnt understand what she was trying to tell me. "What?!" I yelled. I turned around and I went pale. I literally could feel the blue melt off me.I saw a whole crowd of zombies right behind me. Ones with their faces covered in fresh blood and orthers thatlooked like they just been ran over by a truck. Oh,how this day sucks. I froze there not knowing what to do.The zombies just stared at me, ready to eat the blue off of me. 

As I stood there,frozen, I heard a gunshot behind me and then I saw a zombies head explode. Not a pretty sight. I turned and saw the girl pointing her gun at the crowd of zombies with the gun still smoking from the first shot.

"RUN!'' She screamed tightening her hood. Dont have to tell me twice. The zombies chased after us. I picked up the girl and ran. She fired away at the zombies who were behind us.Those gunshots almost made me go deaf."Run to the hospital!" I heard her say,over the gunshots and the roar of the zombies.

As we ran towards the hospital(Or I ran to the hospital) I noticed the doors were shut and I couldnt turn around so..."Im gonna run us up to the roof." I shouted. She looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you-" She didn't get to finish I cut her off,"Yep!" I ran on the building as fast as I had to. I think she was trying not to scream because she held on to me like it was life or death.

The whole time I was running up the building I could only hear her whispering,"No,no,no..." Maybe she was just scared I thought. I didnt know about her but I love running up buildings! Makes me feel invincable. We were finally on the hospital roof and she jumped outta of my arms.Geez, usually girls like it when I sweep them off their feet.