7 Body Unfolds

Axel (Eaton) -
The air dries my skin on immediate contact and it seems to absorb all the cool air. From the inside, my body shakes and my knuckles turn white from their reposed state. I am in need of sanity and answers but stand here. Where the sky's sheeted blue and the clouds are centered with a pink. The background outlines the bare branches but they are black and not stationary. The sun seemingly exists but not where I look, so I listen to the wind and feel my toes become numb. Here I am to stand and here I am to freeze.

Olympia -
I can hear the whistle of the winds outside, pushing on the house. It is in fact the only thing I hear besides my heart beat. The tips of my fingers turn numb from the cold drink in hand but still his left hand moves down my back and my eyes close along with my lips. I draw my eyes from each marble cut on the floor but his hand inches and I've run out of lip to bite. I hear his name called and see his black shoes catch the hanging chandler's light. He steps forward but my eyes never meet above the floor. For he has left but I am not safe.

I wish to move but I am frozen within my stance, seemingly stuck here. Hungry eyes. Where all I can see is their hungry eyes. Alike to the birds that swarm the bare trees, I am to stand to that of a tree. With every part of me showing, for it is winter and my bark is now dinghy. I am tall but not tall enough to tower the birds as they can fly above me. They can soar past me but I am stationary. I can not lift my roots from the ground. Only can my leaves open to the air and I can intake all human waste. I am to myself and I am stuck.

A body moves closer to mine, sitting on the same sofa I do. I look to this body, dressed in a black suit with a black tie. The owner boring the name Blaine. I wonder if syllables are to leave his lips in this moment or will we not speak. Will we sit here and wait for something to occur? We do sit, we sit in silence.

"I never meant for this to happen," Blaine's voice weaves through the silence in a whisper.

"What did you mean to happen?" My voice so high and unlike any sound I have made before.

"I meant for us to be free and I knew it wasn't going to work... I wanted to try because you were there to push me," his works tremble, so unsteady, so tender and real that I don't make eye contact in fear of tears.

"I never came to push you. I came to be free," nothing within me can communicate sympathy though I feel it deeply.

"But being free with the Unwanteds was never enough. I wanted to make it enough for you, for all of us," as he says these words I turn my head to face him but he is looking to the same white wall I was looking at.

The bridge of his nose so perfectly straight with the small demerit of his wide tip, outlined by the white walls. The bright lights expose his whole face, covered in his freckles, that I hope to one day count each of them. His eyes fall shut and his long eyelashes rub against each other as his bottom lip quivers. It being slightly fatter than his top.

"Now, we are closest to everything we wanted the opposite from," I whisper and he turns his head to mine.

His eye in my grasp, so red and weary.

"Olympia, we must stay a team," it looks as if his body is shaking and he reaches his hand out. 

His skin is the color of a blue plum and stretches over his white knuckles. He rest his hand next to my thigh but I can barely feel heat from his body.

"Are you afraid of me?" He asks and in his eyes I see the faint cut of an emerald even though mass majority of them are dirty green.

"Very much so," the sound of each letter barely audible yet so changing of the air so I close my eyes.

He lifts from the sofa and moves out of the area. Hurt. Belligerently hurt.

Axel (Eaton) -
I pass one of the released prisoners on my way to the dining room. He's dressed in mostly black and runs his hands through his hair. So distressed with his eyes open wide and his body shaking. Hunger gets to the best of me and though the Perleth told me not to attend dinner it has been 2 hours and dinner must be over now. I pull one of the various chairs out from the long table. I wait and a plate appears after a maid delivers it. I offer my gratitude and it is most definitely taken so I begin to eat. I hear voices around me. My palms begin to sweat as the my father, the Perleth gave no instructions to come here now. What if he needs it? I hear a high voice bounce off the high walls. It is quite a familiar voice not Alice's nor Ava's. It is more airy and delicate. The vowels not as sharp and some consonants jut off the tongue at an oddly slow pace. I place my fork and knife down and step behind a wall to peek my head through the opening of the room. It is her I see, talking to Ainsley. I feel a wave of emotion pass through my chest. Not knowing what it is, I feel for the table again. Colors cover my eyes and I bang right into one of the chairs. My body shutters and a loud noise echoes from the falling chair. It smacks the marble floor and causes footsteps to close in on the noise. I mustn't meet her like this, I want to see her face up close, I do not want these colors to cover it.

"What are you doing?" A voice cries, low and loud, allowing me to believe it is Ainsley's.

Is she here? Is she watching me as I feel for my chair? Does colors flood her eyes?

"Allow me," one of my father's employee's voices answer to the noise.

"Alright. Dear, shall we continue?" Ainsley speaks and I know it is to her but she does not answer. I hear them walk off and I sit humiliated of all I am.

Olympia-
My body jolts up from slumber and still lying down I put all my weight on my hands. With my torso up, I rub my left eye, switching the weight contribution. I close my eyes again and waves of slumber pass. Though I pry them open to look around the room. Everything is dark. The whole mansion unlit and black even through the dark I can see a cast of a shadow. The figure leaning on the door frame. I squint my eyes as if that will allow me to identify it.

"Blaine," I whisper his name so foreign to my lips now.

The figure dissipates into the night and I put no thought into the figure anymore. For the man of slumber awaits and I am not one to stall.

Comment who you believe it was at the door ? Blaine, Axel, the Perleth perhaps. Maybe even Alice. Thank you for reading !