Chapter 6

Miles's POV...

I paced back and forth in my office as tried to get a hold of myself as my wolf talked to me.

'She should be back by now it's been 4 hours.' Spencer, my wolf said to me

'I know, I should have never said that to her, I just was frustrated that she didn't want me.' I said.

'We hurt her, so she's going to fight her true feelings about us and put a wall up.' My wolf said.

'I love her so much, I can't lose her now.' I said.

'We won't.' My wolf said.

Just as I finished talking to my wolf, Blake came in.

"You find her?" I asked.

"We couldn't pick up a scent." Blake said.

"Shit, I always fuck everything up." I said.

Just as I said that my mom came in.

"Are you still in here whining like a little baby because you couldn't keep that big mouth of yours closed." My mom said walking past Blake.

"I..." I started.

"You what? Didn't mean it." She said. "I know you didn't mean it, but she doesn't know that."

"I just don't know how to get her to trust me." I said.

"Miles it's been less that two weeks since you killed her boyfriends or whatever they were." My mom said. "Miles, she's scared of you and I don't think it's just because of what you did."

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Something happened to her where someone hurt her and you remind her of that person." Mom said.

"She told you that?" Blake asked.

"No, I saw it in her eyes." My mom said.

"So what should I do?" I ask.

"Go out there find her and talk to her but be gentle." My mom says.

"Where do I look?" I asked.

"She's a broken girl and she lost the people she was closest to, where would she go to try to feel closer to them again." My mom said.

"The house." Blake said.

"Mom, you knew where was the whole time and didn't say anything." I said kinda angry with her.

"Don't you raise your voice at me you may run the pack but you don't run me, mister." She said pointing at me.

"And yes I knew where she was but I just wanted to see if you would figure it out first." My mom said before she walked out.

"Should I tell the others?" Blake asked.

"No, I'm going alone." I said grabbing my phone and my jacket.

"Call if you need me." Blake says as I walked past him.

I went into the woods and started to walk to the house. The walk there took about 20 minutes. And when I finally go othere I noticed how the house looked empty and abandoned, the glass of the back door was broken and as you got closer you could see the blood on the concrete and on the outdoor wall. I walked into the house and to my surprise there wasn't a smell of rotting bodies. I inhale the air and find Scarlett's scent, I walk up to stairs and follow her scent to a room and when I get to the door, I hear sniffles from the other side. I slowly opened the door and see Scarlett laying on the bed crying as she holds a shirt close to her chest.