Chapter 12

Scarlet's POV

Miles and I walk up the stairs into a hallway. As soon as we turn the corner I hear a girls voice.

"Miles!" A short brunette screams as she jumps on Miles and kisses him. "Baby, I've missed you so much. Where have you been?"

Miles pushes her off of him and looks at me.

"Yeah, baby, where have you been?" I say looking at Miles.

"Sarah this is Scarlet, my um..." Miles started.

"Why is it hard for you to say it now, any other time it flows out like a river." I say sarcastically.

"Scarlett is my mate." Miles says pulling me closer.

"Oh." Sarah says shocked.

"Congratulations, I guess." She said faking a smile.

"I'll see you guys around I guess." She said as she walked away.

Miles looks at me and I can tell he's going to say something to try and justify or explain what just happened.

"Scarlet..." Miles starts.

"Don't. Just finish the tour." I say not wanting to hear anything else.

"Okay, then..this is my office." Miles said opening a door.

We walk in and I noticed how big the room was.

"I sometimes stay here overnight when I need to."Miles says walking behind me.

I don't say anything. I just look around.

"You're mad." Miles said.

"I've been with you for almost 2 weeks and you've said nothing about your girlfriend." I said looking around his office.

"She wasn't my girlfriend, sometimes we'd hook up that's it." Miles said.

"Really because I didn't know people call their fuck buddies "baby"." I said turning to Miles.

"It wasn't like that." Miles said.

"Miles, all my friends and family are dead. So that means, I don't have anywhere to go. The only other reason I gave you a chance is because your mom begged me to. Please don't don't blow it by doing something stupid." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Scarlet I'm sorry." Miles said walking towards me.

"If you're really sorry you'd stop doing things that hurt me." I said wiping away the tears from my cheeks.

"Let's finish the tour and then we can talk when we get home." Miles said grabbing my hand.

"Okay." I said.

Miles guided me out of his office and I followed him. As we walked down stairs a group of girls stared at me like I didn't belong. Miles must have noticed my reaction because when he saw what I was looking at, he gave the girls a warning look and they quickly turned around and walked away. We walked down the down stairs hallway until Miles stopped at a door and knocked twice before opening the door. I followed slowly behind him and saw mom sitting on a couch talking with the pack doctor.

"Hey Dr. Kate, we just came by to say hi." Miles said.

"How are you two doing?" The doctor asked looking at me.

"Great. I was giving Scarlett a tour of the pack house." Miles said.

"How's your head been Scarlett?" She asked.

"No more concussion." I say glaring at Miles.

"You should come by for dinner this evening." Miles' mom said breaking her silence.