Chapter 1

<< this first chapter is just some backstory and junk, you can skip this part but it's highly requested that you read this for some parts to make
sense >>

• • •

You sigh in the middle of the night, being outside under the stars in the cold weather of February. It's been a rough night. You feel the grass' spikes in your front yard and your eyes sting from the tears as you think back on what had actually happened.

  You're boyfriend, or what shall be dubbed as 'ex-boyfriend' now, decided that tonight was the perfect day to pop open some bottles of alcohol, get blasted drunk, and party with a couple friends at the apartment you two were sharing.

  With it being irresponsible and an unintelligent decision, you completely opposed the idea since the both of you had things to take care of the following morning, and you didn't want to have to deal with the after shock of the party.

  The sting had struck you in pain, as he had slapped you right across your face with the back of his hand for disagreeing in his choice. Shouting offensive slurs at you in a fit of drunken rage, you start sobbing in front of him, before yelling at him,

"THAT'S IT, I'M LEAVING! HAVE YOUR PARTY, SEE IF I CARE! BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING TO BE THE ONE ON YOUR SIDE WHEN YOU NEED IT!"

  Furiously, you heavily walk to your room and open up an empty backpack you used to use and fill it with what you find only important at the moment; your cellphone, including various other electronic and important valuables.

  You can hear your boyfriend walk over to your room as he comes over towards you to stop in the doorway with a bottle of beer in his hand.

  "Babe, I didn't mean all that- I'm just acting different because of the alcohol is all-"

  "Shut. The fuck. Up." You interrupt him, being stern in your words as you refuse to look in his direction, "you being drunk does not excuse your behavior what-so-ever."

  Childishly, he rolls his eyes and whines, "Ohh coome onn~," he extends his words, "you know you still love me though, you could never leave a face like this, honey."

  You lift your backpack and stare forward as you pass him by. With your tone still in a calm rage, you reply,

"Well, I am now. Good bye."

  The knob clicks as you open the door. You walk through, not daring to look back at him, and shut it. Not realizing the pain from crying earlier, you rub your eyes. You hear the the sound of the grass slightly crunch and your belongings move as you drop your backpack and lay onto the lawn of the apartment you used to share. You'll get the rest of your possessions later, right now, you just wanted to get away from that place.

  Sitting up on the grass, you take out your phone to look for a place to stay at for the night. The bright screen causes your eyes to sting, having yourself already been dilated to the darkness around you. The time appears in front of you; 1:26 am, it read.

  Searching through your contacts, you stumble upon one of your friends that you can really trust, Niall; or what he is also known as, Pyrocynical.

  He's been a pretty funny guy since you can remember and was always kind-hearted to those that needed help. You tap on his name and his profile pops up. You see his name, number, address, birthday, and some other stuff. You tapped the number, calling him and hoping that's he'll pick up. After a few moments of waiting in silence, there's no response. You feel your heart begin to sink as you wonder what else you could do.

  "Well, no wonder he didn't pick up," you mutter to yourself, "it's 1 am. He should be sleeping right now... But maybe I could just drive over to his house, since I'm so desperate."

  With that in mind, you stand up and pull out your car keys from the back pocket of your jeans- you can't believe you even forgot those were actually there. You tread slowly until you enter your small car and rev up its engine.

  You pull up his address on your phone and enter it into the cheap GPS you barely even use in your car.

  Well, let's just hope he can welcome guests.