Chapter 11

"If he wasn't your brother, I'd hit him with my car." Looking across the room to the couch Christine raised her eyebrow. "Then again maybe not. That thick skull of his would probably dent my fender."

Smothering her laugh Christine finished the phone call, scheduling the meeting between Mr. Taylor and the sales executives. "You know you're not helping me work here."

Kat grinned. "So what? Besides, your boss is in a meeting; can't you just take an early lunch and come with me?"

Shaking her head Christine finished a report, saving it to disk while printing a hard copy to be copied and distributed. "I have to be here when they let out. Usually they have an afternoon meeting but for some reason they called a morning meeting today. It won't be too much longer now, they're almost done."

Glancing at the doors Kat drew her brow in confusion as she looked back to her friend. "How can you tell?"

"It's a secretary thing," she winked.

"Yeah right. The least you could do is let me get a cup of coffee. I promise, I'd be in and out, no one would hear a peep from me."

"Sure, and while you're at it go to a party and don't pick up a single guy."

Glaring at Christine Kat opened her mouth to snap off a reply when the doors opened, four men filing out, last of all George. Exchanging goodbyes and promises to talk later the four men boarded the elevator leaving George to wave goodbye from the other side of the door. Once the elevator door slid shut he turned around and pointed to Christine.

"You," he said with a serious tone, his eyes locked onto hers. "You are my new good luck charm!" Grabbing her George kissed her cheek with flair before grabbing their coats off the rack. "Come on, we are going out to celebrate, all three of us!"

Kat looked to Christine for an explanation while George hit the button to call the elevator. "What's up with him? I though you said these meetings gave him a headache."

"He got the deal. Shining Star has officially bought out Entertainment News," she explained with a small laugh. "I think he's a little excited about it."

"You better believe I got it!" he grinned like a little boy. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Stepping onto the elevator he spread his arms wide. "Ladies, lunch is on me, where are we going?"

Stepping onto the elevator, exchanging a glance, the two women said at the same time, "Louie's!"

The ride down was quick and when they emerged from the building George took each of them on his arm, their walk as brisk as the crisp spring air. In little time at all they were seated at the corner of the counter at Louie's, a small café with sticky floors and one table in the corner, currently occupied. Louie himself, a tall black man with gray hair and tattooed arms approached them like they were here to rob the place. Seeing Christine and Kat he smiled at the two women, his entire demeanor changing into a grandfather who was about to play with his grandchildren.