Chapter 19

Opening the door they were bombarded by the noise from inside. Scanning the crowd Kat saw George waving to them from one of the lanes and pulled Christine in that direction. Reaching his side Christine found herself in George's arms in a matter of seconds, his lips finding that one spot behind her ear that he loved so much.

"They're separated for less than two hours and you'd think they hadn't seen each other in a week."

Eric laughed. "Well since they're a little busy I guess I'd better introduce myself. I'm Eric Staverly."

"Kat Tompkins. You must be the photographer Christine was telling me about."

"The one and only," he charmed.

Shaking her head Kat laughed and tossed her bowling bag onto a nearby chair. "Hey, you guys gonna come up for air or should we get the Jaws of Life?"

Laughing George and Christine broke apart, she moving to greet Eric while George said hi to Kat. Greetings made they paired off, Kat and Eric verses George and Christine and made their bets. In the end it was decided that the losers would buy dessert wherever the winners decided.

"Let's play! Christine, you go first."

Staring at the balls on the rack next to her Christine picked one up and moved to the lane. Holding the ball carefully in her hands she bent over and rolled it down the lane, watching as it traveled slowly, making it to the halfway point before veering off into the gutter. Coming up to stand next to her George frowned as he watched the ball travel down the lane at an agonizingly slow pace.

"Baby you have bowled before, right?"

"Umm... no, not really," she grimaced when the ball finally disappeared from view.

Shaking his head with a chuckle George pulled her away from the lane. "All right, first thing we need to do is fine the right ball for you. You should probably use an eight or ten pounder and you'll need smaller holes for your fingers." Scanning the bowling balls on the rack before them George found one and handed it to her. "How's that feel?"

Nodding, "It feels better, a lot less heavy."

"Okay, now as for the basics of bowling," leading her back to the lane. "The object of the game is to knock down as many pins as possible."

Standing behind her as he spoke George's hand rested on her jean clad hips, his fingers playing up and down her sides. Ticklish, Christine squirmed and giggled, trying to escape his fingers.

"What's the matter?" he grinned, knowing full well what he was doing. "You have to stand still if I'm going to teach you how to bowl like a halfway decent beginner. Now the more pins you knock down the higher your score. See those dots on the floor? Try to stick to the middle one and you'll be okay."

Putting his hand over hers George bent them both at the waist and pulled her arm back, ball in hand. While one hand held the ball his other hand was splayed over her front, fingers still tickling her as she squirmed to get away. Grinning he kissed her behind the ear, refusing to grant her a reprieve from his wiggling fingers.