Chapter 5: Sorry, I Can't Hear You...

HONK! I quickly pull away from Toby, and see Mel's car trying to pull into my driveway. I feel my cheeks redden, and Toby grabs my hand, and pulls me off the driveway. Mel parks her car, and hops out. "Ugh it's poring! Let's get inside!" She exclaims, running to the front door of my house. I slip out of Toby's grasp, and follow Melissa. 

***

"Just friends huh?" Mel asks, eying both me and Toby. I nod my head. I told her how we met and all that stuff, just leaving out Jame...and Toby sleeping over...and my dream. Mel smiles. I feel bad lying to her, but...actually I'm not lying. We are just friends, and I only left out parts, so it's not like she asked and I lied. "So your going out of town for the weekend?" She asks. "Yeah, just me. I just need a little space from Jame. He's a little clingy. Tell everyone I'm visiting my aunt though." She nods. "Believe me, I know what you mean. Toby's not going with you?" I shake my head. Mel's phone buzzes and she picks it up. "Oh, John and I are going out soon. I'll see you later Jen. Nice meeting you Toby." I smile, and wave goodbye to Melissa. She leaves the house, and Toby locks the door behind her. "Can we finish our movie now?" He asks. I smile. "Yeah." Toby comes over to me, and picks me up bridal style. He carries me up to my room, and sits on my bed, leaving me in his lap. I smile up at him. "I'm still coming along right?" I give him a confused look. "To the cottage tomorrow?" He asks. I smile. "Yup." He kisses my forehead. "Good. I can't let my princess be all on her own." "It would have just been 2 days anyway." I say. "That's 2 days too long." He says. I feel my cheeks redden, and I snuggle closer to Toby.

"Will you stay?" I ask. Toby smiles. "Anything for you, my queen." I roll my eyes, and grab my pjs. "Turn around will you?" I ask. Toby does as he's told, and I slip off my clothes, and into my pjs. "Ok you can turn around now." I say, and Toby turns around. He smiles, and slips off his shirt. He opens his arms, and I head straight for them. He wraps his arms around me. "Why are we hugging?" I ask him. "Am I not allowed to hug someone this beautiful?" He asks. I roll my eyes, and head for my bed. I slip under the blankets, and Toby does the same thing, and wraps his arms around me again. 

My phone goes off, and I reach for my nightstand. "Hello?" I ask. "Hey babe." I roll my eyes, and mouth 'Jame' to Toby. "Hey." I say. "You feeling any better?" He asks me. "A little." I say. "Good. I'm taking you out for lunch tomorrow." "Baby, I'm leaving town for the weekend, my aunt wants to see me." There was a pause. "She called yesterday. I thought I told you." I say. "I'll call you on Monday." Click. I end the call from my side, and out my phone back on my nightstand. I turn so I'm facing Toby. "We should leave early, it's a good 3 hour drive." I say. "Do you want me to drive?" He asks. "Just put the location in my gps." I nod my head. "We'll have to drop your car off at your house first though." I say. "We could do that now. I don't actually live that far. We can just walk back." He suggests. "Okay."

****

we just dropped off Toby's car at his house, and immediately started walking back to my house. The drive was pretty fast, so I'm thinking so should the walk. Right now we're on the sidewalk, with our hands intwined. "So what did you think about Mel?" I ask. "She's funny. But made the worst first impression." I make a face. What did she do? "Huh?" I ask. "Well I was trying to kiss you, and she just showed up!" He exclaims. I feel my cheeks redden. "Well you haven't tried to kiss me again, so you mustn't be that upset." I say. "Oh I'm upset." He says. "Really now?" I ask. "Yeah. I was so close to having my lips on yours, wrapping my arms around you like this." He stops walking, and stands in front of me. He wraps his around around my waist, and pulls me close. "Well you're doing that now." I say, looking up in his eyes. "Yeah but it's not the same." He says letting go of me. My mouth falls open. Toby bursts out laughing. "Just kidding princess." He says, pulling me in for a hug. "I just want it to be perfect." I look up at him again. "The stars shining down on us, were the only people out for miles, and you don't think it's perfect?" I ask. "Well, do you want me to kiss you?" He asks, pulling back, so if we were to kiss, it would be comfortable. "Maybe." I say, looking down. "Well if you don't want me too..." He says, pulling back. I grab his waist and pull him back. "No no, I do!" I exclaim. "Do what?" He asks, a cheeky grin on his face. "I want you to kiss me." I say. "What was that?" He asks. "I want you to kiss me." I say a little louder. "Sorry, I can't hear you." He says. "I want you to kiss me godammit!" I scream, and Toby smashes his lips onto mine. The kiss molds into something a lot softer, and it's nothing like the other guys I've kissed. I find my hands moving up to his hair, and I give it a light tug. Toby moans a little, and I smile into the kiss. He spins us around, and I feel my back up against what I'm thinking is a fence. Toby licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance, which I gladly grant him. Our tongues explore the other's mouth, and soon we have to stop, needed air. Toby doesn't take that as a reason to stop, because he starts to kiss in between my collarbones and up my neck, then my jawline, and finally brushes his lips across mine, just for a quick second. He takes my hand in his, and pull me off the fence. And we make our way back to my house.