Angel's Wings part three

Angel Wings Part Three

Yay, more from the notebook that I finally found!!

-Saphira1313

*******************************************************************

"Morning Dad, are you going to take me to school or do I have to walk?" I asked. I was already packed and ready to go. My dad peeked out of the bathroom; his face was slathered with shaving cream.

"Maybe you should go ahead and walk. I'm already running late." My father's voice was tinged with pain. I said, " Are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine I just nicked my neck," he replied. I headed out the door and down the street to the high school. My friends were waiting. The bell rang and we went to first period, then second, then third, the fourth, and thank God that I have first lunch. After lunch I started feeling sick but I didn't go to the nurse. I finished up the school day and came home with stomach cramps.

"Dad, are you home?" No reply. "Dad, where are you?" I guess he isn't home yet; it was probably another late day at the office. I went to my room and the pain grew worse. As I was stumbling to the kitchen to start dinner, the pain came to a peak and I blacked out.

*A few hours later*

When I opened my eyes it was pitch back in the hallway. I stumbled along the wall, groping for the light switch. I flicked it on and the lights blinked on and glowed softly. I walked back along the lit hallway to the bathroom to see if I had a lump on my forehead. When I looked in the mirror I felt as if I was looking at the reflection of a familiar stranger. My hair wasn't my usual light brown; it was now a puzzle of white and black streaks. My eyes weren't hazel anymore but a mysteriously silver. What I next noticed almost made me black out again. It was a small pair of wings between my shoulder blades. I noticed that I could feel them; they felt like they had been folded my entire life and they probably had. I stretched them out. They were very small, only five feet from tip to tip, I wouldn't be able to get off the ground with these. They were exact replicas of my dream wings. In the bathroom light the black streaks looked deep purple. I will never be able to go back to school like this.

My senses had also sharpened. I stretched my arm out and I could see the dirt particles under my nails. I could smell the clear nail varnish on them. I could hear the lock on the door click downstairs. Wait, the lock? The lock......THE LOCK!!! Oh Jesus, Dad's home! What am I going to say!?

"Alana, I'm home! Come here and give me a hug." he said. Oh no, he wants a hug. I run down the hall to my room and quickly pulled my hair back and put on a hat to cover my hair. I folded my wings and went into the hall. I went for the "act normal" approach and said tactlessly, "Welcome home dad. Um, I have something to tell or rather show you." My father looked me up and down, settled on my eyes and said, " Are you wearing contacts?" Oh crap! I forgot about my eyes! I started to think about how to answer that question when he blurted, "Are you pregnant?" That was the most ridiculous question. "No Dad, I'm still a virgin. I have something else to show you." I pulled out the ponytail and took off my hat. He gasped, "Dear lord, you look like your dream self but without wings. How did you get your hair like that?" Okay, that took me off guard. I said, "There's more. Don't freak out. Okay?" He nodded. I turned around and extended my short wings. He fell onto the floor. "Dad, are you okay? Did I knock you over?" He replied, "No hun."He started muttering to himself, "The prophecy is true. Starwing was right, the new generation begins with my daughter." He shook his head in disbelief. "Alana, tonight I want you to go to sleep after I do. I'm going to call a meeting with the Ancestors."

"And the Ancestors are...?"

"They are the people in the crowd that you were surrounded by during your first flight."

"Oh, can I have more info please?" I asked tartly. His eyes brightened as he told me the details about the Ancestors, he was in his element.

*Later that night*

I am lying next to Dad waiting thirty minutes for him to call the Meeting. I am nervous about the Meeting. Will the Ancestors like me? I floated off into darkness and towards the Meeting.