0.1

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear, Paris. Happy birthday to you!" I woke up to my mother and my best friend singing in unison. I appreciate the kind gesture, but I really wanted my sleep. "Ah, thanks guys. But I'd really like to sleep. Thanks." This was not how I wanted to spend the morning of my 18th birthday. Which also happened to be the first day of senior year. I pulled the covers back over my head and hugged them tightly. I heard them whisper and then heard my mother's heels click against the floor while she exited the room. "Rise and shine, Princess. Time to wake up." He pulls the covers off my body exposing my tank top and pants. He leans down wraps his arms around me. He lets go and I get up to go to the bathroom. I close the door behind me and turn on the shower. It's only 5:07. Harry always does this on my birthday and its cute but I need my sleep. I brush my teeth, use the bathroom, and hop into the shower. I let my hair loose and let the water fall on my muscles. I'm pretty tense because it's the first day of school. Senior year. Finally graduating. I turn off the shower and wrap my black robe around my body. I open the bathroom door to find Harry asleep on my bed. "Harry!" I yell and he jumps up. "Sorry what?" "Get out please, I have to get dressed." He walked out of my room and closed the door behind him. I walk over to my dresser and plug in my curling iron. I set it to 310°F and put it down. I walk over to my closet and debate between my white sleeveless dress or my black skirt. I decide on the dress. I put on my under garments and then slip the dress on over my body. I put a denim jean jacket over it and slip on my black toms. It was supposed to be 87 degrees today here in Calabasas so I didn't want to over dress. I curl the tips of my hair and by the time I look at the clock, it's only 6:15. I have 30 minutes left. I then take my makeup bag and take out the brushes and makeup. I apply eye liner and mascara. Some light brown eye shadow and bronzer. Lastly, I apply my clear shade of babylips lipstick. I grab my phone, bookbag, and head out the door.

I walk into the kitchen to find a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon sitting on the table across from Harry. I sit and eat my food. I look over at Harry and half of his plate of food is gone. Harry had been my best friend for as long as I can remember.

Harry, his sister, and his parents had moved to Calabasas because his father found a better paying job. I remember that day like it was yesterday because my mom baked cookies and forces is to go over and greet our new neighbors even though I didn't want to but that turned out to be the best day of my life. When we turned fourteen, Harry promised he'd always be by my side, and honestly, I hope it stays that way because I don't know what I'd do without Harry.

I put my dish in the sink, give my mother a quick peck on the cheek and walk out with Harry following beside me.

"Senior year, finally. No more crap." He said.

"Yeah, hopefully this is the year Brooklyn asks me on a date." I said with confidence.

"Paris, can you snap back to reality? That boy hasn't dated anyone since Abigail Moon in sophomore year. He isn't attracted to anyone in that damn school." I loved how Harry was so protective of me. Sometimes a little too protective and I haven't dated in a while, I just want a boyfriend so at this point, I don't care.

"Besides, he's not even in your league anyway." He says.

"Oh, like you're girlfriend is so in yours right?" I asked sarcastically. His girlfriend was the most annoying person in JFK High. She always wore clothes that were too tight on her body. Harry knew she was out of his league and he didn't want to admit it. She didn't deserve him.

Harry was one of those boys who looked like a bad boy but was the complete opposite. Today he wore a white t-shirt, a black pair of skinny jeans and old fashioned converse. But, behind that Harry was the sweetest guy in the whole universe you couldn't believe. He was amazing and every girl wanted him.

"I'm not saying that--"

"Hi, babe!" We had arrived to the parking lot of the school and Monica hopped off her bike and yelled at Harry. She ran towards him. She wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and connected her lips on his. She played with his hair while I just stood there awkwardly. Today she wore a black tank top that met up above her belly button and a pair of denim shorts. I hope she has a sweater to cover all of that up. She let go of Harry and licked her lips. She smirked and then looked over at me. She gave me the fakest smile she could after saying "Oh, hi, um.."

"Paris." I said between my teeth.

"Yeah, right whatever." She said. I knew she didn't like me either and I couldn't care less.

"Alright you two, that's enough." Harry said. He knew I didn't like her but he ways tried to warm her up to me. Wasn't going to work.

After that mishap we all walked to class and the day was actually going pretty fast. When lunch cane around, I met up with a my best and only friends because I chose my friends carefully. They were really the only three girls that weren't complete snobs and didn't act like sluts.

"So how was your summer?" I asked them since everyone seemed to be MIA.

"Well, I went to New York and stated at my aunt's, I swear I'm moving there after high school. I love it there and I don't care what anyone says." Says Bailey.

"How about you, Jo?" I asked.

"Well, I just stayed at home, went to a few concerts, ya know waiting for something interesting to happen but nothing did." She replied.

We looked over at Ellie and she spoke.

"Well, you know Zayn? The kid with all the tattoos and piercings? Well, he kinda asked me out on a few dates in the summer .. and were sorta dating now?" She half answered half asked.

We all stared at her in awe wondering why she hadn't said this sooner.

"Woah, Ellie. I didn't know he was your type." Bailey said after a few moments of silence.

"He's actually really sweet and he--" Ellie was cut off by the bell and lunch went faster than we thought and before we knew it we were off to class again.

At the end of the day I met up and walked home with Harry.

"So how's was your first day of senior year? I asked.

He gave me a weak look and said "I'm stuck in Richard's English class and I hate that guy, but he hates me too. Whatever, how was yours?"

"Good, it wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be." I answered.

"Hey, you know my friend, Niall right? He told me he likes you. He's thinking of asking you out on a date."

I looked at him and said "Harry, what have I told you about setting me up with your friends? Niall is cute and sweet but, I don't think so."

He rolled his bottom lip over his top one and gave me that puppy dog face because he knew I couldn't resist it. I pushed him gently and looked away.

"Fine, but I won't give up and you know that."

I pretended to ignore and walked up the steps to my house. Harry followed behind.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Uhm, coming inside?" He stated as if it was obvious.

At that moment my mother opened the door and said "Hello, honey ... Oh, Harry, hi. I didn't know you were here. I was actually going to take Paris out on a birthday dinner."

"Oh, I'm sorry, mum." He always called my mother mum because she was like his second mother.

My mom nodded, smiled at Harry and walked back into the house.

Harry hugged me, wished me a "Happy Birthday" one last time and walked home.

"Text me later." He yelled from across the street.

I nodded and waved before walking into my house.

My mother took me to 'The Cheesecake Factory' and we had an amazing meal. I took home my leftover desert because I was way too full to eat it all there.

After we left the restaurant, I took a shower as soon as we got home. I changed into a tank top a pair of shorts. I gave my mother a hug and went to my room to eat my leftover desert and watched an old rerun of 'Friends' I've seen too many times too remember.